• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Pulsar club.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, vstromer650 said:

Hi, I have just found a v732-x062 pulsar 100m diver, I don't suppose anyone can tell me a bit about it and how old it is and if its worth restoring, needs replacement glass and a new battery if it works! Thanks for any info!

To find out about the watch, you'd be better to post a new thread in the Japanese section and preferably include pictures. Pulsar is a sub-brand of Seiko. It's unlikely to be worth a lot, whether its worth repairing really depends how much you like it. I'd try a new battery and then decide.

https://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/forum/4-japanese-watches/

20 hours ago, spinynorman said:

To find out about the watch, you'd be better to post a new thread in the Japanese section and preferably include pictures. Pulsar is a sub-brand of Seiko. It's unlikely to be worth a lot, whether its worth repairing really depends how much you like it. I'd try a new battery and then decide.

https://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/forum/4-japanese-watches/

Thankyou Spinynorman for your advice, I will do that, take care!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I've been getting some Pulsar's in of late, having the V600, V601, V657 and V691 in various conditions, the 601 and 691 do work pretty much as intended, the V600 has issues namely the sub dial coil is dead.

Racking my brains out trying to find a bracelet for a Pulsar YM92-x098 which is the swarovski gemmed golden blingathon.   Bought it as a spares repair head and now it is in factory fresh clean... it has however a unique bloody bracelet so now going to see if I can find a 7T92 gold tone case and just transfer the movement and caseback to that.

Waiting on a recently won black and gold Pulsar V600, missing its bezel but I think I have accrued just about the largest stock of V600 parts, my semi working one is the Franklin Mint version, I have an almost complete gold with daytona yellowish dial, a complete movement and a part complete movement and will prob put the transmission rods from the black and gold into the gold and yellow or put the bezel from the gold and yellow onto the black and gold.

If you are ever tempted with the dancing hand pieces... my advice is not to, the spares for them are rare as heck and they never come up that often.   I was lucky I could fix my 691 and it does keep track of its functions now, the 601 is very basic in function with both them in the three peaks "civilian" guise of the Pulsar military range.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah.. pulsar..

I have a couple.. im not too hot on my kinetics (ffs can I find a bracelet for my titanium, why do they make these things so non-standard ? Oh yeah.. money!)

This quartz has a nice movement. Twin time/alarm with smooth reset. A real nice heavy bracelet that never touches the back plate.. it was quite a nice introduction to the quality quartz builds.. Its a nice thing!large.20210404_005244.jpg.53f4fff3c8e3d48e5dff4b76673ad2b7.jpg