• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Matt6r

Seiko crystal replacement.

Can anyone advise how to remove the crystal on a Seiko 6309 7060.

I can't takeout if it presses out or I have to remove the outer bezzle. Can't see. Recess in the bezzle to enable it to be removed?

http://s231.photobucket.com/user/matt6r/media/20181117_120457.jpg.html?filters[user]=55000711&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3

Thanks. Matt. 

Don't know how to use this!

Can some one remove the link I placed and advise me how to display a single image from photo bucket please. 

Thanks. 

Your pic did show using the link above, but when I was a member of PB, you just selected and copied the IMG link then pasted it here. But that was before they wanted you to pay for picture hosting.

• Like 1

If you bring up the image you want on Photo-bucket, to the right there should be the word SHARE - click on that and a window drops down, select Direct Link and highlight & copy that then when posting go to Insert other media at bottom right and click on Insert image from url. then paste the link you copied from Photo-bucket.

Edited by Roddyjb
  • Like 1

20181117_120457.jpg

Thanks guys. 

Well thus is the case. It looks like a shaped outer bezzle, but I can't see where to insert a blade to prize it off. Tried a little pressure on the crystal press, but no movement?

Any thoughts?

On 17/11/2018 at 21:02, Matt6r said:

20181117_120457.jpg

Thanks guys. 

Well thus is the case. It looks like a shaped outer bezzle, but I can't see where to insert a blade to prize it off. Tried a little pressure on the crystal press, but no movement?

Any thoughts?

The bezel will need to come off , they don't always have a cut out , so you will need a thin bladed caseback tool or could try a stanley knife blade , with care obviously.Once the bezel is removed you can then remove the crystal but be careful not to damage the crystal gasket (if this model has one )as these are very hard to come by now 

Edited by andyclient

On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:55, Roddyjb said:

If you bring up the image you want on Photo-bucket, to the right there should be the word SHARE - click on that and a window drops down, select Direct Link and highlight & copy that then when posting go to Insert other media at bottom right and click on Insert image from url. then paste the link you copied from Photo-bucket.

all very complicated and now costly.   some forums allow you download photos from your computer.  Vinn

Missed your post Andy!

Thanks for the advise, I'll find a thin stiff blade and five it a go. A lottle scarwd of damaging the case or bezzel.

Band aid at the ready!

Cheers. Matt. 

• Sad 1

On 23/11/2018 at 16:32, Matt6r said:

Missed your post Andy!

Thanks for the advise, I'll find a thin stiff blade and five it a go. A lottle scarwd of damaging the case or bezzel.

Band aid at the ready!

Cheers. Matt. 

Sod your fingers, just don’t damage the watch :)

Noj