• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

New Model: Tudor Glamour Double Date

New model from Tudor the "Glamour Double Date" yet another stupid name, who thinks them up? 

42mm steel or steel / gold two tone options available.

In house MT5641 movement which has a silicon balance spring, 70 hours power reserve, COSC

I quite like this black dial version

m57100-0003.png

And I like this version

m57100-0001.png

Then I saw this

m57103-0006.png

And the brand ambassador wearing the white dial

Tudor-Glamour-Double-Date-David-Beckham-

And I thought

NO!!

• Haha 3
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And NOOOOOO!!!!!!!  Sounds like a Henry the eighth threesome. Tudor Glamour Double Date

New model from Tudor the "Glamour Double Date" yet another stupid name, who thinks them up?  42mm steel or steel / gold two tone options available. In house MT5641 movement which has a silic

Not promoting it as a dress watch then you think?

Posted Images

It's a fail from Tudor for me. Great movement, but as said this is clearly the asian market this is for. Anything endorsed by beckham i will not purchase. Its to big, not really pleasing to look at and I'm guessing will be overpriced. More like a failed attempt at a ladies watch. 

I do agree with all of you who have posted an opinion so far on this thread, including the thread-head writer, dear JoT. The name is awful, and the watch itself isn't much better visually. I can't vouch for the quality but the aesthetics are just a mess. I find it extraordinary that Tudor should now launch such a watch when it was all going so well.:swoon:

• Like 1

“Glamour?” Really, Tudor? Then find a brand ambassador that exhibits that, not uber-rich, tattooed, Smug Sir. :vomit:

I like the silver with blue hands, agree the black face deserves white-on-black date wheels. It’s a nice, simple, elegant watch, every watch brand has one like it. In fact, Seiko and Citizen and others have made watches like this for a long time. So well done, Tudor, you’ve produced a nice “me, too” watch that is probably thousands more than comparable watches with comparable quality.

MEH.

well the white & blue is my pick , would I buy one no , but if I did ( and I do own a tudor) I would not give a monkeys bum who was wearing one or who was a ambassador, I am buying the watch because I want to and not to be a personal friendship with a celeb .

deano

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

His hair is too lovely ,he looks permanently COOL his posture is superb and he just looks really TRENDY       ,I mean NO-ONE rolls up the sleeves on Denim Shirt since the 1970s unless you want to show the watch you are promoting   .   Pretty much everything ........ I. ......would not want from a Watch Ambassador in my books..... 

Sorted for you , now get yer Sen a nice soot n a hair cut bit of ink and you too will be come an icon lol

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

His hair is too basic , he looks permanently perplexed and moody , his posture is awkward and he just looks untidy, I mean NO-ONE rolls up the sleeves on Denim Shirt since the 1970s.... Pretty much everything you would not want from a Watch Ambassador in my books..... 

Not promoting it as a dress watch then you think?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

His hair is too basic , he looks permanently perplexed and moody , his posture is awkward and he just looks untidy, I mean NO-ONE rolls up the sleeves on Denim Shirt since the 1970s.... Pretty much everything you would not want from a Watch Ambassador in my books..... 

Your knowledge of photo shoots is obviously lacking. :bash: That is the look that the company and their advertising agency agreed on and may have spent quite a while and many shoots to get right for their target market.

Edited by richy176
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Forgetting any muppet who is helping them to sell them , its a watch with an Identity crisis for me. Two feet in dress watch camp , one foot in sports watch camp. Just seems to look like its not versatile, but trying to be one thing one minute, another the next.

Yet again showing that Tudor is a brand clearly targeted at the Asian and Mainland markets. Can't see these selling much in UK/US   

...same goes for me. The black dial is best of bunch, but lacks identity.

53 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

"Identity" is a great way of measuring watches... Does the watch stand on its own two feet with a couple of distinct design characteristics that set it apart , however subtle.... This is so often overlooked by brands who copy others too often...

Yes, I dont like things (not just watches), that try to appeal to everyone or many markets. A watch (in my opinion), needs to know what it represents and who its for, and what occasion. 

• Haha 1