• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
suzublu

My Orient

Dear @suzublu, this is a strange thread in the sense that you have posted a rather tiny picture of your Blue Mako with no textual introduction to the watch and no real indication as to the reason behind the post. Orient are a well-respected watch brand on this Forum, and I am sure your Blue Mako will give good service. A bigger picture would be nice though.:)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

Dear @suzublu, this is a strange thread in the sense that you have posted a rather tiny picture of your Blue Mako with no textual introduction to the watch and no real indication as to the reason behind the post. Orient are a well-respected watch brand on this Forum, and I am sure your Blue Mako will give good service. A bigger picture would be nice though.:)

Again, apologies. This I've had since the summer, Blue face Mako 2, as you know, Epson/Seiko movement XleOvEol.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that enlarged pic. Orient are one of those companies that seems to be able to give great value for money and nice watches, like your Blue Mako, on a consistent basis.:)

I`m a bit of a fan of the Mako & always enjoy seeing other members watches so well done for taking Always watching`s advice on enlarging the pic

Lovely watch:thumbsup:

The mako is a damn nice looking watch. For the price I'm always surprised the seiko 007 gets so much love as 'the people's diver' over it.

I do wonder if the sub homage-ishness of the bezel counts against it, which is unfair imo

My first automatic diver was the original Blue Mako with the day pusher from 2010.  It had an absolutely beautiful dial and punched well above its weight in the looks department.  The only issue was that the bezel was quite tight on mine and I would have liked a domed sapphire crystal fitted which going by memory is the same as the Sumo crystal but other than that it was an excellent piece.  I’ll see if I can get a photo or two of it later on. :)

Tony

• Like 1

On 18/11/2018 at 16:32, suzublu said:

Again, apologies. This I've had since the summer, Blue face Mako 2, as you know, Epson/Seiko movement XleOvEol.jpg

I have similar on a Strapcode bracelet Ronnie, long time no see, Jim!

1 hour ago, vindaloo said:

I have similar on a Strapcode bracelet Ronnie, long time no see, Jim!

Well hello Jim, someone else who can't be bothered to change usernames:biggrin: How are you keeping?