• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
aball28

First serious purchase

After some great advice when I first joined finally made my first big watch purchase. Also thanks for the Black Friday thread I had 20% off at Chisholm Hunter. Now a very happy chap.

47e183a095001907b3ed920407a29582.jpg

Edited by JoT
Fixed layout
  • Like 16

@aball28 Rock solid purchase - well done! :thumbsup:. They are great value at cost price anyway, so a good discount just makes it so much better. I like both versions of this watch and have come close once or twice. Pam, my other half, has the 39mm blue all numeral version, which I love and covet, to no avail!

Edited by Caller.
  • Thanks 1

Very Nice Longines are producing some very nice watches although some are a bit big, I have a legend diver which is fantastic, the strap falls to bits but the watch is nice, not an issue you will have with that. 

enjoy 

• Thanks 1

Ive got the same watch myself..

You cant go wrong with these ..(im my opinion anyway!!) ... great value, nice looking, well made,whats not to like about  them?!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Decker said:

Well done to you on a great watch purchase & well done to the members who helped you out,great stuff:thumbsup:

They are good here yes! I got my Longines based on recommendations frim learned people here :biggrin:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aball28 said:

After some great advice when I first joined finally made my first big watch purchase. Also thanks for the Black Friday thread I had 20% off at Chisholm Hunter. Now a very happy chap.

47e183a095001907b3ed920407a29582.jpg

That's a cracking first big purchase, classic brand, classic looking tool watch, great choice :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A big thanks to all who gave me advice and suggestions, and to everyone here confirming I made the right choice. Could have been an expensive mistake had I not come here first. Only problem, is there a cure as I think this could get expensive looking at the pics here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, aball28 said:

A big thanks to all who gave me advice and suggestions, and to everyone here confirming I made the right choice. Could have been an expensive mistake had I not come here first. Only problem, is there a cure as I think this could get expensive looking at the pics here.

Cure??? :doctor:

No.  That's you trapped for life...  You can think you can say "no" at any time, but you'll just be kidding yourself.  You'll keep coming back for more...:laughing2dw:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Love the Longines - pure class. Such an underrated brand. I am still waiting for the Heritage Legend Diver to come out in the smaller size and I will snap that up as soon as it is available. There's just something about Longines, they have that classic simple style and yet it feels like a heavy duty dependable "crash-proof" watch when on the wrist. For an every day wear beater I believe it can't be beaten by anything other than the Seamaster. 

• Thanks 1

Well done, you got a great value watch, versatile, bee-YOO-tiful, and didn't succumb to the masses' mania for certain "flash" brands. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1