• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
WRENCH

All the watch you need.

20 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I'll show you punishment . :laughing2dw:

large.IMG_20161230_1226265_rewind.jpg.0d438a2fcb7678309470a5ba522f965f.jpg

Oh gawd my eyes! I can't even begin to imagine how you managed that, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's probably still ticking 

9 minutes ago, ry ry said:

Oh gawd my eyes! I can't even begin to imagine how you managed that, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's probably still ticking 

Yes, and runs accurate too.

2 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

This one sorts me out most of the time...I can see the hands without my glasses, it's RC and solar powered. Its my daily beater at work.

Casio GW-3500B G Shock Aviator.

I got this,

,large.IMG_20181120_075108.jpg.e1a1ee4d8966bb05951ce4eb77464394.jpg

Its nice and light to wear, but the negative digital read out vanishes in low light, and remembering the functions (which I have no use for anyway) is too much hassle. Nice and big and easy to read, and it stores data.

• Like 1

This...Normale...slim cased ultra rare with JLC movement. :yes:...s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

i might just have too...have that:biggrin:

good night. 

• Like 3

You don't need as much as you might think. But when you have an interest "need" starts to get replaced with desire and curiosity etc, etc.

I had a £12 Casio that was all I needed and more { it had dual time that I had zero real need for }

21 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I got this,

,large.IMG_20181120_075108.jpg.e1a1ee4d8966bb05951ce4eb77464394.jpg

Its nice and light to wear, but the negative digital read out vanishes in low light, and remembering the functions (which I have no use for anyway) is too much hassle. Nice and big and easy to read, and it stores data.

Mine also has a negative digital display, but unless I've got my readers on, I can't see it...I tend to rely on the hands which I can make out easily as they are yellow on black which stands out very well.

ZxNtlcGj10-paAYU0Kv-v77pJ3xL89DQnmkunuPn

I too have one of these. £75 it was, as alluded to above. I allowed it to set its own time on the first night of my ownership, and since then it has proved so accurate I have turned the radio-update facility off. In over a month it has gained, but less than a second. I rarely wear it though. I prefer mechanical watches. But if one were to have just the one watch, this covers everything you will ever need, compared to the whims of gratuitous desire, which my other watches fulfill.

Need? None.

I use my phone and car clock to tell the time.

My watch is my accessory. Plus it tells the time and can time things.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Small, legible and preferably with at least the date (day also acceptable if it doesn't impede points one and two). Probably metal band for longevity, but leather without too much tail would also be considered.

Attractive to look at, but not to attract too much attention. This set the benchmark for me.

SKW6007_main?$refbase_xlarge$&wid=700&hei=700

This Casio gets more use/abuse than anything I own,it’s been run over,trodden on,lost in the garden,through the washing machine twice and still runs a treat,the best £16 I ever spent.82bcf265bb3f8fe2d11dda1937b3772e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

8 hours ago, al_kaholik said:

Small, legible and preferably with at least the date (day also acceptable if it doesn't impede points one and two). Probably metal band for longevity, but leather without too much tail would also be considered.

Attractive to look at, but not to attract too much attention. This set the benchmark for me.

SKW6007_main?$refbase_xlarge$&wid=700&hei=700

Yup, I "needed" one of those too, very nice..

A2moGT.jpg

Do appear to have "needed" several more since then too though..

On 28/11/2018 at 20:24, Nigelp said:

This...Normale...slim cased ultra rare with JLC movement. :yes:...s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

i might just have too...have that:biggrin:

good night. 

Only square watch I've ever liked, that.

I'm not even a fan of Cartier watches, but it is rather pleasant.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ry ry said:

Only square watch I've ever liked, that.

I'm not even a fan of Cartier watches, but it is rather pleasant.

i've never seen a normale with a JLC movement before and it much slimmer its lovely 

• Like 1