• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Chris 810

Where to refurbish an omega seamaster bracelett

Does the collective have any reccomendations on where to get seamaster bracelet’s repaired ? I have a mid sized ref 168.1641 the one with the 300 style  dial and an 18mm bracelet a pin holding on the clasp fell out and the watch dissapeared up my sleve.

so after a lucky break i cannot find anywhere to get the pin replaced or even get a pin so i can replace it myself 

any help appreciated

@Chris 810 It used to be possible to get these pins and collars from third party retailers and do it yourself but in the last year or two Omega took the decision to not supply parts to anyone outside their official network. In short I think you are going to have to take it to an authorised dealer or Omega Boutique 

22 minutes ago, Chris 810 said:

Does the collective have any reccomendations on where to get seamaster bracelet’s repaired ? I have a mid sized ref 168.1641 the one with the 300 style  dial and an 18mm bracelet a pin holding on the clasp fell out and the watch dissapeared up my sleve.

so after a lucky break i cannot find anywhere to get the pin replaced or even get a pin so i can replace it myself 

any help appreciated

I would think any competent independent should be able to replace a clasp pin.

I'm not sure the pin needs to be Omega OEM so worth contacting a local guy. But under no circumstances take it to Timpsons.  

2 minutes ago, JoT said:

@Chris 810 It used to be possible to get these pins and collars from third party retailers and do it yourself but in the last year or two Omega took the decision to not supply parts to anyone outside their official network. In short I think you are going to have to take it to an authorised dealer or Omega Boutique 

For a clasp pin? Aren't they a standard fit?

3 minutes ago, JoT said:

@it'salivejim If it is the pin and bracelet I think it is then an Omega part will be necessary 

I thought he was talking about the clasp pin?

32 minutes ago, Chris 810 said:

… a pin holding on the clasp fell out …

Cousins UK hold a number of Omega bracelet parts, but you need to know the number from the clasp or bracelet end. They also hold generic pins and tubes, but you will need to know dimentions of said pins, tubes etc. You may have to create an account to see these, as some parts aren't available to the casual browser. Well worth doing if this is the only place that holds what you want, plus you will find them useful for other supplies such as tools and other watch parts.

9 minutes ago, it'salivejim said:

I thought he was talking about the clasp pin?

I think it is this bracelet and if it is then he will need Omega parts ......... I think :biggrin:

s-l1600.jpg

Guys the bracelet shown is correct and the pin that failed is the first one from the clasp to the bracelet if i could post pictures this would b3 a lot easier.

i have taken it to an AD in Newcastle and got told parts not available buy a new bracelet.

1 minute ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Isn't the pin that connects the bracelet to the clasp a more or less standard 18mm springbar?

No, I am sure it's a pin and collar

I just checked Cousins again, and they are holding bracelet to clasp pins and tubes for certain Omega bracelets. As I mentioned before, you will need the number from the clasp to narrow your search. The ones I was looking at were priced at around £8.95 for the pin and the same for the tube. If it's the 1503.825, as suggested by @it'salivejim they appear to have these in stock. You need to be signed in to see these. From catagories, go to Watch parts > watch parts branded > Omega > Omega bracelet and bracelet parts. There you will find the boxes to enter your clasp number and search.

• Thanks 1

Just looked at the bracelet again and now i get 1832/912 i have to point out that i am not at home and dont have access to a mag glass so squinting, and photo on the phone are my methods I may have to leave it till i get home 

damm holidays i dont know why i bother nothing but trouble