• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Thinking about a Christopher ward

Migzy

Hi guys,

It's been a good six months or more since my last watch purchase and im getting itchy wrist. 

I've been thinking about a Christopher ward for quite a while. The C-65 Vintage to be precise.

Anyone got any opinions on this model? Anyone got one?

Cheers,

Migzy

Great brand all around. The quality and sales/customer service is on par. They do a 60 day return / 60 month warranty. Wait until there is a promotion or sale on and you will get an amazing watch for great value. 

https://www.christopherwardforum.com/

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/events/summer-clearance/nearly-new3. There is also a £150 off promo code atm for non sale watches .Can't recall it atm. 

Edited by r-macus

Currently have eight and they punch way above weight.

Extremely well built with excellent warranties and in my experience the customer service puts many to shame.

The C65 vintage is a cracker so go for it.

So far I have never paid full price but I do believe they are worth the money if you intend to keep the Watch long term.

Wait for a sale and maybe buy two Watches.

I`ve got 2 & have been really happy with them,I don`t own a C65 vintage but have researched it quite a bit & it has some great reviews .As others have said don`t pay full price there is always a discount code knocking about or regular sales.It is also worth looking at the used market as the warranty is transferable.Good luck:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, PC-Magician said:

they punch way above weight.

Extremely well built with excellent warranties and in my experience the customer service puts many to shame.

I concur.

:yes:

3 hours ago, mcb2007 said:

I have 5 at the moment and agree with what Jon has said. Wait for the next tranch of NN or discounted watches and pick up a bargain.

Only 5 ?........lightweight.

:tongue:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrzee said:

I have to say that the designs and build quality look top notch. The ONLY reason I wouldn’t buy one is because my old manager was called Chris Ward.

I don’t think you’d be disappointed.

I have things about watches that irritate me due to the fact they irritate me. If they only snipped the Neptune Fork off, I would have one .... Its for me the ONLY reason I wouldn't buy one. The only person I know that works for a company that supplies technology into watch companies swears they are the best value watches for the 'money spent' around in recent times. He has a three of them and I even suggested that because he has the ability and skills , he could actually snip the Neptune fork off his watches..... He told me to **** off. Also they seem to follow the 'collectors' ethic more than many other Brands.... that speaks for itself. But that damn fork !!!??? :aggressive:

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

I have things about watches that irritate me due to the fact they irritate me. If they only snipped the Neptune Fork off, I would have one .... Its for me the ONLY reason I wouldn't buy one.  that speaks for itself. But that damn fork !!!??? :aggressive:

Surprised , this is what drew me to them. The logo font and placement, well that's another can of worms. 

1 hour ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

I have things about watches that irritate me due to the fact they irritate me. If they only snipped the Neptune Fork off, I would have one .... Its for me the ONLY reason I wouldn't buy one. The only person I know that works for a company that supplies technology into watch companies swears they are the best value watches for the 'money spent' around in recent times. He has a three of them and I even suggested that because he has the ability and skills , he could actually snip the Neptune fork off his watches..... He told me to **** off. Also they seem to follow the 'collectors' ethic more than many other Brands.... that speaks for itself. But that damn fork !!!??? :aggressive:

Puts a whole new spin on the divers watch ,the CW Neptunes fork range ,not quite the trident .So I will agree with your  acquaintance and say hand on heart **** off .:feck:

• Haha 3

I bought a CW off here a while back it was a 38mm Diver the trident model and qtz, It was 190 quid and when I got it. I put it side by side with a newish Longines HC I'd just paid 800 quid for. The CW felt better in the bracelet and bezel departments. Especially the clasp. It was a nice watch. Well made and good value. 

2 hours ago, mrzee said:

I have to say that the designs and build quality look top notch. The ONLY reason I wouldn’t buy one is because my old manager was called Chris Ward.

I don’t think you’d be disappointed.

There is a chess grandmaster and former British champion called Chris Ward. He's a first rate chap.

I have owned several CW watches from the first logo onwards.  Unfortunately, now in spite of several looking nice I just cant bring myself to buying one.  My reasons are simply the whole brand is just too erratic.  Having gone through the whole "Small brand with excellent customer service" to the "Luxury brand without the luxury price" Thing as well as the frankly daft CHr Ward or whatever it was and the bizzar idea that Chr was somehow easier to read than Christopher and this was a great marketing tool to the more recent meltdown with the name change to the left, the whole "Disruptive" Thing, the London underground font and the Anglo Swiss I just gave up.  I wish the brand all the best and perhaps when it actually gains an identity then I may buy one but until then I will just stay on the sidelines and watch how things develop.

Quality wise I have owned a pilots watch that was very well built for the money (I think I paid under £200 at the time) rotar was a bit noisy but all in all for the money an excellent watch.  I had one of their divers which on a bracelet had one major flaw.  The bracelet would scratch the hell out of the polished case back, overall though a very nice watch.  I had a couple of their higher priced ones too a jumping hour one that I think was the 43mm case.  Nice enough and very accurate but little things like the print on the dial I wasnt too fond of and that Chr Ward thing was just plain awful.

1 hour ago, mrzee said:

Hey, the Chris Ward I know worked together for nearly eight years and he’s a nice guy. I just couldn’t wear a watch with his name on it. 

:biggrin:

I’d be interested to know if you would be deterred from purchasing/wearing a watch if your former work colleague was named Roger (Smith), George (Daniels), Frank (Muller), John (Arnold), Thomas (Tompion)...they all had to start somewhere. :thumbsup:

The CW story is quite remarkable when you think about it, 3 already ‘successful ‘ businessmen starting a venture to provide more affordable, quality timepieces than their Swiss counterparts...all this in 14 years!

And yes, I’ve had discussions (personally) with the top of the Swiss food chain & they are, quite frankly, amazed at the quality-price ratio of their offerings.

BTW, all 3 owners are very approachable & ‘welcome direct personal feedback from owners’ of their timepieces.  Don’t take my word for it...try it!

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

If you take a rational look at buying from CW, it makes sense. Forgetting about the logo, and Trident, buying a watch (if you live in the UK) that comes from the UK, and you're not having to deal with some uninterested "middleman " in a shop, when it comes to after sales service makes a lot of sense. As @Karrusel alludes to, the quality to cost ratio is exceptionally competitive, and from my own point of view, as a long term keeper to be worn daily, rather than a collector's piece, it looks like a good choice. Over the last couple of years, I've had a couple of bad experiences with warranty/after sales with other "professional" brands. They were eventually sorted out satisfactorily, but I honestly can't be bothered with the grief, so, as I am slowly depleting my collection, I'm going to have one. (CW) I wouldn't have said this two years ago, but things change. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karrusel said:

:biggrin:

I’d be interested to know if you would be deterred from purchasing/wearing a watch if your former work colleague was named Roger (Smith), George (Daniels), Frank (Muller), John (Arnold), Thomas (Tompion)...they all had to start somewhere. :thumbsup:

I would indeed be deterred. Can’t explain it, I’m clearly just a bit weird