• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Incoming - Fat Face #7 joins the collection!

As some of you will know, I've got a liking for the Fat Face clothing brand, and I always keep an eye out on ebay in case any of their watches come up for sale (They no longer sell watches, so it's getting quite difficult to acquire them - That's all part of the fun though...) :tongue: 

Anyway, when this one came up for grabs I knew I had to have it, so I put in quite a high bid, just to make sure - Lucky for me the other bidders were quite tight-fisted, so I got it for much less than expected, which is always a bonus.  It arrived today, and I've got to say I am absolutely chuffed, it's even better than it looked in the seller's photos :yahoo:

I've taken quite a few pics, starting with the obligatory wrist shot:

20181205_152142

There's a lot to like about this one, starting with the size and style, which is very much along the lines of TW Steel (not everyone on here will see that as a good thing, obviously :laughing2dw:).  It fills my 7.5in wrist nicely, without looking ridiculously massive, and it sits nicely thanks to the slight curvature of the lugs.  The soft rubber strap holds the watch securely in place, and stops any unwanted rotation.  It's a big watch, obviously, but doesn't feel as heavy as it looks, and should be comfortable to wear all day.

As with most Fat Face products, there are lots of logos and other subtle detailing touches, which is all part of the attraction for me.  This photo shows the engraved crown and buckle (the Fat Face branding on the dial is covered by the hands on this pic - Doh! :mad0218:):

20181205_151541

This photo from the other side shows the deeply engraved logo on the side of the case:

20181205_151559

Even the case back is nice and clean, with no major signs of abuse:

20181205_151702

And finally, this photo shows the textured finish on the dial, which only shows up in certain lighting conditions:

20181205_152926

The watch was honestly described and well photographed on the ebay listing, which makes a nice change.  There are a few tiny marks on the case, and one small scratch on the crystal, none of which are bad enough to need correcting.  In fact, it is much better than I was expecting, and looks great on the wrist.  This is an excellent addition to my mini collection of 7 Fat Face watches :wub:

Yep, I am a happy bunny today! :thumbs_up:

As always, all comments welcome :rltrlt:

• Like 13
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As some of you will know, I've got a liking for the Fat Face clothing brand, and I always keep an eye out on ebay in case any of their watches come up for sale (They no longer sell watches, so it's ge

when it says 100m chronograph on the dial...is that the size of the watch?

Nice one Davey I like the look of that too  

There is nothing "fashionable" about FF according to the "Yoof" but a lot of their thread is decent and they do come out with some quality items.... furthermore their watches when available were also exceptional value for money if you are after a decent build quartz with a bit of style.

But all that is academic. The watch above looks quality for the money I assume was spent so bravo Davey-cross-dresser.... another decent FF.... :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, deano1956 said:

what's the crown for @ 10 oclock ? I am guessing rotating internal bezel ?or some other fiendish complication ?

Yes mate, it turns the internal bezel, so I'll be able to tell when my deep sea diving oxygen tanks are running out... :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, pauluspaolo said:

Good looking watch Davey - presume the crown at 10 rotates the inner bezel? They do seem to make (made) some nice watches - enjoy wearing it :thumbs_up:

Cheers mate, and yes the extra crown rotates the inner bezel.  I'm quite surprised nobody on here was pedantic enough to mention the bezel is slightly off centre in that last close-up pic :mad0218:

Fat Face have come a long way since the company was founded in 1988 by Tim Slade and Jules Leaver as a business selling t-shirts at ski resorts.

That chronograph of yours Davey @Davey P, is really rather nice and I thank you for showing it off so well in your excellent pictures. Fat Face is certainly a brand worth looking at.:biggrin:

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Davey P said:

surprised nobody on here was pedantic enough to mention the bezel is slightly off centre in that last close-up pic 

Err, the bezel is slightly off-centre in that last close-up picture            :thumbs_up:

That's a beaut, Davey. I was watching that auction but was a bit reluctant to break my no watches this Christmas vow. There's another good looking FF on eBay at the mo. Blue face and beige accents. Looks better than it sounds. Reminds me of a Fossil. I bet you're all over it :wub:

11 hours ago, kanab22 said:

There's another good looking FF on eBay at the mo. Blue face and beige accents. Looks better than it sounds. Reminds me of a Fossil. I bet you're all over it :wub:

I hadn't seen that one, cheers for the heads up mate  That's a cracker, so you can expect to see it added to my collection in a few days time when the auction ends... :laughing2dw:

• Like 1