• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Merc, BMW, Jag or Porsche? For 15k max.

Nigelp

2 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

As said in a different league over even the M3 CS’s

I8F6sT.png

yes you've jogged my memory out of my league anyway and therefore off my radar...:yes:

vaguely remember seeing them in 'CAR' and merc think they can compete?...

20 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

You’ve not been paying attention 

:biggrin:

I’d say it looks pretty much like the hot Beemer got put in its place. And they were driven by a couple of Pro drivers.

Second is as good as nowhere

:laugh: :laughing2dw:

AMG Black? the hammer is its oldest sister in't it?:biggrin:

Image result for mercedes w124 amg hammer

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

I saw this, at first glance I thought it was £10,995 !!! 

https://www.motor-hub.co.uk/used-cars/mercedes-benz-sec-series-keighley-201611199914416

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

I still think a nice SEC's are nice, but that looks like it will have a box full of drugs in the boot that you can't get on the NHS. I like it though, but are people really paying this for the old 126 coups? I guess its a special one though. 

1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

I still think a nice SEC's are nice, but that looks like it will have a box full of drugs in the boot that you can't get on the NHS. I like it though, but are people really paying this for the old 126 coups? I guess its a special one though. 

Just the job for Big M and I. If it had been £11K it would have be sat outside by now.

That garage has some serious kit for sale, it’s only an hour from us but I doubt if it’s the sort of place you can just turn up for a look see.

This was what originally caught my eye, a tad over your £15K budget though but........

https://www.motor-hub.co.uk/used-cars/mercedes-benz-clk-5-4-clk55-amg-2dr-keighley-201806227742982

zLrawq.jpg

:)

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Just the job for Big M and I. If it had been £11K it would have be sat outside by now.

That garage has some serious kit for sale, it’s only an hour from us but I doubt if it’s the sort of place you can just turn up for a look see.

This was what originally caught my eye, a tad over your £15K budget though but........

https://www.motor-hub.co.uk/used-cars/mercedes-benz-clk-5-4-clk55-amg-2dr-keighley-201806227742982

zLrawq.jpg

Its in keighley isn't it? As you may know Mr B i'm from Burnley and I went to Leeds Uni, so Keighley was a regular visit. We used to go there for fish and chips at the bottom of a big council house estate, really good and you got a pint cup of tea and as much bread as you wanted. Ever been to Cliff castle? Its free to go in. 

Just up from Keighley is Howarth and i used to go to Bryan Andrews Bocking garage. Harry Ramsdens is nearby too. Ever been on the tram up Soltaire? 

Image result for harry ramsdens keighley

these big old V8 mercs fit in just great in Keighley by gum lad...Ever been up Ilkley Moor Bond? Clear your inbox mate.

impressive brabus. 

1 minute ago, Nigelp said:

Its in keighley isn't it? As you may know Mr B i'm from Burnley and I went to Leeds Uni, so Keighley was a regular visit. We used to go there for fish and chips at the bottom of a big council house estate, really good and you got a pint cup of tea and as much bread as you wanted. Ever been to Cliff castle? Its free to go in. 

Just up from Keighley is Howarth and i used to go to Bryan Andrews Bocking garage. Harry Ramsdens is nearby too. Ever been on the tram up Soltaire? 

Image result for harry ramsdens keighley

these big old V8 mercs fit in just great in Keighley by gum lad...Ever been up Ilkley Moor Bond? Clear your inbox mate.

My ex wife born in Ripon and lived in Harrogate when she was younger, hence her daily wail reading tendencies, so back in the day we tooted around Yorkshire a bit. 

I used to go to Bradford regularly as there was a big American car spares place there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

My ex wife born in Ripon and lived in Harrogate when she was younger, hence her daily wail reading tendencies, so back in the day we tooted around Yorkshire a bit. 

I used to go to Bradford regularly as there was a big American car spares place there. 

ah yes she would have been a bit posh coming from there, I can see you and M in something a bit classy. 

c3731a4a1b3d41e283b02bd077fdce62.jpg

no need to speed about, how about a lovely 129, 6 for under 5 grand?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201812123208228?advertising-location=at_cars&sort=price-asc&radius=1500&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&model=SL CLASS&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&postcode=ll284su&page=1&modal=photos

i know its not Bondblack, but i like that...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nigelp said:

Again a tad over budget but better than an old Roller ?? 

s-l400.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-W126500Sel-Not-Sec-Air-ride-Custom-show-Car-splitrims-classic-retro-oem-/264105860060

But I could definitely toot around in this. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

Again a tad over budget but better than an old Roller ?? 

s-l400.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-W126500Sel-Not-Sec-Air-ride-Custom-show-Car-splitrims-classic-retro-oem-/264105860060

But I could definitely toot around in this. 

they've made a superb job of it! But i'd rather have a Roller, when it comes to the title best car in the world a roller is still a roller in't it? The mercs just a german roller wanna be like the DS is a french roller wanna be?

Image result for custom rolls royce silver shadow

s class doesn't really come close does it?

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

shame its not black, @BondandBigM merc SL300 with very low miles, 62,000 on the clock and only 4 grand!

its almadine but who cares.

a22a4b2c05964ba58f7445432c2d439b.jpg

05d4ef067bf04da39e80304a166661b0.jpg

54af026a5862423fa79781b248314c5f.jpg

4f8d28f5a1154c22a6ad16be275820ce.jpg

but it has a peugeot engine in it, driving the front wheels

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201901143933565?model=300&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=price-asc&radius=1500&postcode=le143qh&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&page=1

or maybe they listed the wrong photo...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scottswatches said:

i saw it too scott happens a lot probably wrong pic, price is about right for a 300SL only some people are paying lots in the classic trade now and getting the enthusiasts to join in at upto 20k. At 4k its on the money. I think its a gen ad, but only going would see that for sure. 

i rang about a boxster advertised in the trader for a grand a while since and it was on the bay, he was after deposits upfront that was obvious, i kept onto him and said i would drive there with the cash and pay the full on arrival, he was obviously taking a lot of calls and there were a few at it. Once I had the full details I had two local friends in the police go visit him...:biggrin:

there was no car. 

there was no car, i'm not keen on rogues scott. 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, scottswatches said:

Yes, 4k doesn't sound too bad with the issues that the seller discloses.  

A 1k boxster? They would scrap for more!

i thought you'd bought it Scott! It seems to have gone off the trader. 

17 hours ago, SBryantgb said:

Not on your list of Marques Nigel, but I would like this....

87015bdc55a244fdb26d21417368fe8f.jpg

for under 15K

yeh had one.