• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
tharanma

have I just destroyed my AS 1803 movement?

Hello,
I removed the stem of my AS 1803 movement by unscrewing the small screw just next to it. When I try to put it back in, I'm stuck on the "clock setting" mode, and I can not press anymore to put the movement in "wind up" mode. I can not screw the screw either: it turns endless, making a small "click" before returning to the same position.

I think I did not remove the stem in the right way. In which position should the stem be removed? What precautions should be taken to avoid the situation described? And above all, is my AS 1803 movement recoverable?

thanks for your help.

Did u undo screw enough to get stem back in right?. It is possible the screw thread might be damaged, or as the stem is not in right not being able to tighten. Should be no problem in removing right, all u do is loosen screw and take stem out. Try turning slightly as u replace the stem.

Not much help, but might work. Was wondering for what reason stem was removed, and gather nothing else was removed

How far did you unscrew the stem screw? Supposed to be no more than 1.5 turns. If you unscrewed it too far I think it means a stripdown.

Sounds like the setting lever has fallen off the end of it's screw. You will have to remove the dial to refit the setting lever.

Shout, if you need further advice.

• Thanks 1

Because, when you unscrew the setting lever screw you should apply a light downward pressure on the screwdriver and only turn it 1 to 2 full turns. Also lightly tug on the crown as you turn the screw and as soon as the setting lever becomes disengaged from the stem, it will release the stem. The screw will remain attached to the setting lever.