• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Spenner

4 Clicks

Hi Simon,

I have a Longines watch L4 697 2    30 M

It is jumping 4 seconds at a time, it keeps time fairly well, is this just a battery replacement or another fault? the back of the watch shows many attempt's of cover removal.

Thank's

Spenner. 

7 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

This sounds like an End Of Life (EOL) indicator to show the battery doesn't have long left.  A new cell and it'll behave itself again

This ^ is almost certainly the correct answer :yes:

Most quartz watches don't lose time when the battery is low, they either work and keep time, or they indicate a low battery state by jumping 2 or 4 seconds but still keep time until it is dead.  Sometimes there is no indication, and they just stop suddenly with no warning, but it's quite rare to have any problems once a battery has been replaced (in my experience anyway).

• Like 1

You learn something new every day, I will take it to my local Timpson's as I have heard good reports about the one here also it will need pressure testing. I have read a thread on here somewhere and they were not too pleased with them I suppose it is the person doing the job rather than the shop name.

16 minutes ago, Spenner said:

You learn something new every day, I will take it to my local Timpson's as I have heard good reports about the one here also it will need pressure testing. 

Hmm!

They are well known cobblers. 

:)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Spenner said:

Is that the same as load of???

:yes:

3 hours ago, Spenner said:

one here will need pressure testing. 

You can be assured that shoddy service will indeed increase your BP!

:)

Put me right off. I have a couple of watches for repair I want to send to Roy think I will stick this one in as well and hope he is OK with multiples. Trouble is I bought a wind up watch about 40+ years ago and when I find it I will want it repaired, I have searched the loft once but could not find it and it is too cold up there now, I will not have thrown it as I liked it so much, now where have I put it????????????????????????????????

I would recommend In-time, often in dept. stores like Debenhams. Our local one is excellent and has done batteries, bracelet resizes and pressure testing for me, and I’ve also bought straps there.

https://www.intime.co.uk

Hi thanks for the Debenhams recommendation trouble is the nearest is in the next town (Middlesbrough) I am off the road at present due to ill health, no hurry I will wait until after the Xmas rush and have it done then.  

PS    Merry Xmas and a Happy New year to you all.