• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
bowie

SCREW HEAD TYPE

Can anyone tell me what the screwdriver is called  that I need for these screws, it is my watch box that had glasses and I leaned on it and cracked I have a new sheet of plastic to go in but cannot remove the screws that hold the beading in, its the same type as on these hinges have tried all sorts nowt will fit.

thanks, John.

BldC81ql.jpg

This may be worth a try , i know the screw head is not stripped but using a smaller screwdriver may work 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, bowie said:

Can anyone tell me what the screwdriver is called  that I need for these screws, it is my watch box that had glasses and I leaned on it and cracked I have a new sheet of plastic to go in but cannot remove the screws that hold the beading in, its the same type as on these hinges have tried all sorts nowt will fit.

thanks, John.

BldC81ql.jpg

It is a pozi-drive similar to philips but they are flat on the bottom whereas philips are pointed using a philips screwdriver on a poi-drive screw and vice versa  is a common cause of damage unfortunately , then making them a job to get out . when i was in the trade we used to use a dot punch and knock them round (not possible here i would say) or drill the heads off then take the remaining threaded part out with grips (a possibility maybe but obviously the screws will need replacing 

• Like 1

Thanks for the help and tips boys i.ve managed to get them all out with the link from jsud2002.

worked a treat with a small flat head driver and an elastic band that the postman keeps throwing on the floor outside our gate thanks It's the box at the front got  last Xmas from the kids.

Rt48T3Pl.jpg

Edited by bowie
picture
  • Like 1