• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hublot classic fusion recomendations?

Ashi

I recently made a post regarding the AP royal oak and now I’m browsing alternatives and i’m finding the hublot classic fusion Ref 510.NX.7170.NX being very similar in design (if not better). I also like that it has a second hand that beats away at 28800 VPH. My only concern would be the hub1112 movement as it seems like a modified ETA movement and not inhouse?! Can someone knowledgable inform me on this one?

And for those of you who have handled this upclose, how is it? 

Seriously considering this one as an alternative to the AP.

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, Ashi said:

I recently made a post regarding the AP royal oak and now I’m browsing alternatives and i’m finding the hublot classic fusion Ref 510.NX.7170.NX being very similar in design (if not better). I also like that it has a second hand that beats away at 28800 VPH. My only concern would be the hub1112 movement as it seems like a modified ETA movement and not inhouse?! Can someone knowledgable inform me on this one?

And for those of you who have handled this upclose, how is it? 

Seriously considering this one as an alternative to the AP.

Thanks in advance!

ETA movements are very good and have been used by some serious brands. There is nothing wrong with using other movements and they can be better than in-house ones.

For many collectors the best Rolex Daytona is the the one with the Zenith El Primero movement which was used before Rolex developed their own movement.

The Hublot is similar in design to the AP but from an internet search for each watch I would go for the AP - the screws on the case look as if they are aligned whereas on the Hublot they are all over the place. Maybe not a deal breaker for everyone but at that price point attention to detail is important for me.

6 hours ago, richy176 said:

ETA movements are very good and have been used by some serious brands. There is nothing wrong with using other movements and they can be better than in-house ones.

For many collectors the best Rolex Daytona is the the one with the Zenith El Primero movement which was used before Rolex developed their own movement.

The Hublot is similar in design to the AP but from an internet search for each watch I would go for the AP - the screws on the case look as if they are aligned whereas on the Hublot they are all over the place. Maybe not a deal breaker for everyone but at that price point attention to detail is important for me.

Fairly easy to align them when they're not screws though.

Well I for one, would happily own many of the classis fusion range. I have tried a few on and I like the looks and comfort on offer. The titanium makes the watch very light to wear and I wouldn't hesitate in buying one if I had the cash available. But I think you need to be satisfied it's a keeper, as I don't believe re-sale offers a great return. I would probably have a strap option to offer a change to the bracelet as well, as I prefer a contrast to the bezel.

It's interesting that over here, the classic fusion range of watches is now prominently displayed in the windows of Hublot dealers, as opposed to their more extravagant offerings. I first noticed this several months back and that was a definite shift of policy.

The brand in general get heavily criticised by WIS, I guess because the look and cost of their more, ern, complex offerings (but there are plenty of RO's that also meet that criteria as well), but they have been very successful for such a young company.