• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
fastmongrel

Need a new Ultrasound cleaner

My ultrasound cleaner died this morning and I need a new one.  Ebay and Amazon come up with lots but I cant afford one of the nice proffesional ones, can anyone reccomend something good 1 litre or thereabouts max budget £50.

I have the cheap Lidl type and they are great.  I upgraded to a heated stainless steel one for about £50 From an eBay seller, but tbh the Lidl type still gets the most use

They all do the job, i got a stainless steel of e-bay 1.3L cant remember price but wasnt that much. Looking to get a smaller one for watch parts after Xmas. 

1 hour ago, scottswatches said:

I have the cheap Lidl type and they are great.  I upgraded to a heated stainless steel one for about £50 From an eBay seller, but tbh the Lidl type still gets the most use

I agree with Scott...the Lidl 'Silvercrest' item is ideal for watch parts. Usually around the £20 mark, you just have to be patient and wait for them to come in again. Comes with a parts basket and several different selectable timed programmes, the most used will be the 180 second (3 minute) one. Hand hot water to soften the dirt and a drop or two of washing up liquid work well, although you can buy cleaning solution from Cousins for a price if you wish.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys. I can't wait for the Lidl one I need to clean some model railway parts so I can get the model railway running after Boxing Day. eBay/Amazon it is then.

Edited by fastmongrel

On 20/12/2018 at 13:36, Sulie said:

on sale TODAY !!! Lidl 19.99 :drinks:

Silvercrest Ultrasonic Cleaner

I headed away to my nearest Lidl at 06:30, and arrived there as they opened at 07:00. 

Left the store with an ultrasonic cleaner, and toffee yum yums. :clap:

Steve.

• Like 1