• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

The Christmas new arrivals show!

1 hour ago, Perlative Cernometer said:

So what has anyone else found under the tree this morning?

Not a timepiece but a pleasant surprise nevertheless...

u4gfszG.jpg

You will observe that I have been reduced to the rank of Carson (S-I-L elevated himself) whilst DC remains (naturally) matriarch of the tribe.

Anyway, just got back from emptying the nose bag, time for an hour in the cot. :yes:

P.S.

Can anyone still smell sprouts ?

:biggrin:

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

17 hours ago, Perlative Cernometer said:

So it appears looking around that quite a few folks have new arrivals today - thought it might be nice to have a bit of a showcase for them.

I got a real shock this morning, last box out from under the tree was this little beauty:

AYwv8m.jpg

Way beyond what I was expecting from my wonderful wife. Over the moon with it!

Also this from a close colleague at work - seen it pop up a lot on here over the last little while, now I get to see inside!!

AYwLQi.jpg

..So what has anyone else found under the tree this morning?

Had my eye on this colour version of the Ocean One. Love to hear your opinion of the watch after a little wear.

Also, a great book for anyones collection. Lover of watches, or not! Had my copy for a little while. It's one of them books you can keep going back too.

Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I picked up a Hamilton Khaki Air Race on my brief trip to the USA last week. I've been wanting to try one of these for a while now but couldn't find it on display anywhere in London. Luckily I found one at a shopping mall just outside Washington DC. The staff were very friendly and helpful too.

14lq5u1.jpg

o8fj93.jpg

My rubbish pictures don't do it justice so here's one from the Hamilton website:

2a6ldlc.jpg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Laughing gravy said:

How did you find the book? Is it worth purchasing?

Depends what you're looking for - it's a oddball collection of watches, beautifully photographed, but tells you very little about the watches themselves. It goes for the angle instead of mostly interviewing the owners - various famous and/or WIS types - about the watches and what they stand for or the stories behind them. You'll not be learning about the revolutionary new bendyspringium escapement introduced with the late 1974 revision of the Tissex Chunkydive or anything but there's a lot of "this watch reflects my philosophy on life because..." or "my grandad took this off his wrist and handed it to me when I was 7 and I've never looked back" sort of stuff. Does make for an interesting read though in a sit down for an hour or 2 looking at the pictures on Boxing Day sort of way:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Perlative Cernometer said:

Depends what you're looking for - it's a oddball collection of watches, beautifully photographed, but tells you very little about the watches themselves. It goes for the angle instead of mostly interviewing the owners - various famous and/or WIS types - about the watches and what they stand for or the stories behind them. You'll not be learning about the revolutionary new bendyspringium escapement introduced with the late 1974 revision of the Tissex Chunkydive or anything but there's a lot of "this watch reflects my philosophy on life because..." or "my grandad took this off his wrist and handed it to me when I was 7 and I've never looked back" sort of stuff. Does make for an interesting read though in a sit down for an hour or 2 looking at the pictures on Boxing Day sort of way:thumbsup:

Thank you.   I think I’ll buy it,  

• Like 1