• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Graham Silverstone Stowe GMT - buy/avoid?

Graham Silverstone  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should I add it to the collection?

• Yes - buy it straight away!
    • No - what’s wrong with you?

Hey everyone,

I was browsing watches in Bangkok today and found some interesting pieces. There was a Zenith Defy 1/100th in ceramic, Blancpain FF and Bathyscape chrono, Vacheron Constantin chrono, a crazy looking Hamilton and an interesting Graham chronograph that really caught my attention which was half the price of the others.

Out of all of them I liked the Graham the best; just couldn’t agree on a price after settling for 40% discount and the manager then saying 35% was the maximum. 

What at are your thoughts on the Graham Silverstone Stowe GMT? It’s a limited edition of 500 and at 48mm it wears very large due to the lugs bending downwards. The watch was released in 2012 butni have no idea how long they have sat in this for. Add it to the collection or avoid and save up for the BP FF or Bathyscape chrono?

4379959B-CF66-4250-B66E-F15F03C0F443_zps

522004F9-F02D-4CCF-BD83-DD473F4AE05E_zps

6D030316-CCE6-4EFE-8EBB-5F607854EAC7_zps

DAA8B07B-F781-4D0F-ACE5-7B6A7E61CD81_zps

ABF4996C-378A-4FA6-8493-95F60D590C81_zps

472B70FA-EC8E-4770-9244-974B83968316_zps

C847A35A-AC27-474E-9345-9614ACFC8CB3_zps

Not much love for the Graham I see! Oh dear :/

Perhaps I should have shown the rest of the collection and then you’d have a better idea why it would fit in quite well. The secret is not to buy something to wear daily; it’s to buy what’s out of the ordinary so you keep your collection interesting and not too mainstream or predicable.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Davey P said:

I voted "Yes - buy it straight away!" - You clearly like it, so it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks, it's you that will be wearing it, not them :thumbsup:

No, you're wrong Davey. He needs saving from himself, and besides, other people will have to see it when he's out and about wearing it  :swoon:

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, it'salivejim said:

No, you're wrong Davey. He needs saving from himself, and besides, other people will have to see it when he's out and about wearing it  :swoon:

There's no right or wrong buddy, everyone is different, and in this case I stand by my original statement... Which - ironically - means that... I... am.... right, of course, and everyone else is wrong! :laughing2dw:

:rltrlt:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
32 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Which - ironically - means that... I... am.... right, of course, and everyone else is wrong! :laughing2dw:

Apart from me, as I really quite like it! :yes:

It's definitely one of their better models, and despite the, ahem, busy dial, there's actually a lot of clarity in the dial. I love the contrasting (British racing?) green bezel and sub-dial, yellow numerals and black dial - is it carbon? Three main colours - good design ethic. 

• Thanks 1

I’m going to look at the Blancpain Bathyscape chronograph today but it’s twice the price of the Graham. The VC is twice the price of the Blancpain!

The Graham has one of the clearest chronograph dials to read due to the central second counter and large dial making reading the seconds easy.  The minute counter is the green sub dial and that’s also oversized which makes reading the minutes easier. The large chronograph pushers add to the ease of use.

The Blancpain is in another league but it feels similar to the Sea Dwellers I have and I already have two blue coloured watches in the collection. The Graham on the other hand is like nothing I already own.

Some more photos of the Graham from yesterday:

58DF0ECD-3420-476B-BCA6-1519BD6E0F50_zps

78FC4F33-F9C7-482D-B5B6-EB3CCD174458_zps

E88E8458-07FB-40F0-B576-892C53FD2CF0_zps