• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Roger the Dodger

The OCD thread

This thread is not for discussing members obsessions with their watch timing, though I've never actually got my head round that one...that really is OCD in its finest form....no, this is about OCD concerning everyday life. And here I must say that I am OCD about the dishwasher. When you look at the bottom baskets in these things, you immediately notice that there are long prongs for big plates and short prongs for small plates....yep...pretty simple concept so far. So why does my 'little pirahana' insist on putting pieces of crockery in the inappropriate places? I open the door to find a saucer in amongst the dinner plates, and a dinner plate almost falling out of the small prongs. How hard can it be to put the right sized dishes in the right sized prongs? And don't get me started on the cutlery basket. All cutlery should be placed tops upright, and all in seperate sections of the basket to make unloading quick and easy. All the spoons upright in one compartment, all the knives in another, all the forks in....you get the picture. Drives me mad when I have to sort everything out one by one instead of grabbing the whole lot out in one go.

What's your OCD obsession?.......I have more, but lets see what drives others mad, too.

Kids ( mainly Grandkids ) sticky fingers and the inside of my car windows .... Why do they have to smear their fingers over the windows ?? I am sure they know it winds me up 

giphy.gif

I always like to have the windows clean , smear free .. Think it started when I was a taxi driver and was obsessed with keeping the inside of the taxi clean 

Edited by jsud2002
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In a similar vein 

BIG M's habit of open drawer, cupboard, freezer............ wherever and just ram it in any old way and bang the door shut. Then when she runs out of cupboard space it goes everywhere else. 

I nearly got my toes broken when a lump of frozen whatever fell out the freezer and not so long ago I was nearly knocked out by a tin of bean that fell out of a cupboard. I couldn't open a cupboard door only to find when I did prise it open a pan handle was jammed in the hinge. 

And I recently found 36 bottles of Corona buried in the bottom of the "Big Cupboard" and carrier bags of various jars and pasta stuffed down the back of the couch, my bed is about a foot off the ground, I've no idea what's under it. 

I'm sure she does it deliberately. 

She has already filled two houses and it won't be long before my flat ends up being the same. 

:swoon:

101030_D1033b.jpg

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

What's your OCD obsession?.

Noise. I have (genuinely) hypersensitive hearing. My bicycle has to be silent. I spent over £70 on a single speed freewheel for the silent bliss, I can hear a slack spoke and it drives me mental. :taz:

101030_D1033b.jpg

"Bammings". :laughing2dw:

1 hour ago, BondandBigM said:

In a similar vein 

BIG M's habit of open drawer, cupboard, freezer............ wherever and just ram it in any old way and bang the door shut. Then when she runs out of cupboard space it goes everywhere else. 

I nearly got my toes broken when a lump of frozen whatever fell out the freezer and not so long ago I was nearly knocked out by a tin of bean that fell out of a cupboard. I couldn't open a cupboard door only to find when I did prise it open a pan handle was jammed in the hinge. 

And I recently found 36 bottles of Corona buried in the bottom of the "Big Cupboard" and carrier bags of various jars and pasta stuffed down the back of the couch, my bed is about a foot off the ground, I've no idea what's under it. 

I'm sure she does it deliberately. 

She has already filled two houses and it won't be long before my flat ends up being the same. 

:swoon:

101030_D1033b.jpg

Sorry, ol' pal, but like me, you're f@cked......

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Sorry, ol' pal, but like me, you're f@cked......

And don't even get me started on tuperware tubs, she has hundreds of them in all shapes and sizes

1 minute ago, BondandBigM said:

And don't even get me started on tuperware tubs, she has hundreds of them in all shapes and sizes

Mate...let's just pi$$ off down the pub.....:laughing2dw::thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Must say about the Dishwasher Comment, i am pretty similar in putting things in order. But females just throw it anywhere! Including greasy bowls, and my Wok, which should not even be in there ( leaves a white residue on coating ) OK washes off with Water, but that just makes putting it in tne Dishwasher Pointless!. Must be getting old lol. 

• Like 1

My friend's daughter is doing her Masters degree in Psychology and was worried about finding enough people to study for her final thesis - suggested she join the forum and she would then have enough material to go on to a phd. :whistle::yes: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, richy176 said:

My friend's daughter is doing her Masters degree in Psychology and was worried about finding enough people to study for her final thesis - suggested she join the forum and she would then have enough material to go on to a phd. :whistle::yes: 

My goodness...there's plenty of material for her here...not just for her thesis, but to keep her in gainfull employment for many years to come!......:crazy5vh:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Buying two of the same thing, for when the first one wears out. :thumbs_up:

In our case that's just not remembering you already bought one/it in the first place 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Or buying one in every colour.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, WRENCH said:

I have (genuinely) hypersensitive hearing.

I'm like that but it's with ticking watches or clocks.  I cannot stand it.  If there is a ticking clock in a room, I will focus on that, no matter how hard I try to avoid hearing it.  

I must have all bank notes in the correct domination and also facing the same way.  It drives people mad when I decide I'll change them all to facing the correct way!  When I'm folding several things, they must have the open edge at the same side.  Ice cube trays, I hate them being half full/empty, so I will make some more so it's full.  When you see someone at home and they go out the room and leave the lights, every time!  If they switch it on, they can surely switch it off!  I'm sure there are more which I will add as I think of them.  :king:

Should I add Sir David Jason, or are we all aware of my obsession?  :laugh::king: 

Edited by themysterybidder
Sir David Jason add
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, themysterybidder said:

I'm sure there are more which I will add as I think of them.  :king:

tenor.gif?itemid=5381579

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, themysterybidder said:

I must have all bank notes in the correct domination and also facing the same way.  When you see someone at home and they go out the room and leave the lights, every time!  If they switch it on, they can surely switch it off!  I'm sure there are more which I will add as I think

Sadly, I'm like this too...drives me nuts when bank notes come out of the ATM all the wrong way round. And as for leaving lights on...with my two sons, it's not just lights, but their computers and TVs as well. :taz:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Sadly, I'm like this too...drives me nuts when bank notes come out of the ATM all the wrong way round. And as for leaving lights on...with my two sons, it's not just lights, but their computers and TVs as well. :taz:

Thank goodness I’m not the only nutter around:laugh:

22 hours ago, WRENCH said:

just bought two of theses for the exact same reason, as when one wears out there will be  no unissued ones left , :laugh::laugh: ocd &sad. 1953 US army Korean war  officers trench coat

deano

Us Army Trench Coat Coat Field Jacket Uniform Jeep Coat Olive Ls Large Short

Edited by deano1956
  • Thanks 1

My wife is always moaning about my having to keep the box that something came in. We’ve got a loft full of empty boxes. Well, you've got to, haven’t you - in case they have to go back or you sell them at a later date. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Labels on tins not facing the same way.  

Edited by The Mystery Bidder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If I record a TV series I just HAVE to record the full series and get very agitated if one is missed out. I have been trying to get Kojak series 4 episode 14 for months but for the last three rotations ITV4 have only shown this episode with the sign language person in the bottom corner which is no good, can't watch it, far too distracting. Anyway this rotation guess what? Yes mornings only again because of horse racing or something in the afternoon at Kojak's usual time. I have set the box to record both the regular and HD version as well as the +1 broadcast just in case one of them doesn't have the deaf signer but I am not very hopeful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoT said:

If I record a TV series I just HAVE to record the full series and get very agitated if one is missed out. I have been trying to get Kojak series 4 episode 14 for months but for the last three rotations ITV4 have only shown this episode with the sign language person in the bottom corner which is no good, can't watch it, far too distracting. Anyway this rotation guess what? Yes mornings only again because of horse racing or something in the afternoon at Kojak's usual time. I have set the box to record both the regular and HD version as well as the +1 broadcast just in case one of them doesn't have the deaf signer but I am not very hopeful.

Same here, but it's "The Avengers" on ITV4 with me.  I've been trying to get two episodes with Anthony Valentine!  I would like the non-signed versions too!

Edited by The Mystery Bidder
  • Haha 1