• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Roger the Dodger

The OCD thread

2 minutes ago, Q.Lotte said:

The bulldog clip method of securing the rolled end of the tube makes an excellent budget alternative.  By fashioning a small hook out of a paperclip, this enables the tightly rolled tube (or tubes, if ... you ... are that kind of person) to be neatly 'filed' in a hanging fashion under a wire rack in the refrigerator, saving a small amount of over shelf space.

Quite a clever idea, but are your bulldog clips stainless steel? The flaw in your otherwise excellent top tip is that rust may form on the standard clip due to condensation, giving rise to an unpleasant and frankly disturbing orange/brown effluent that could drip down the tube and contaminate anything directly below. Some coverings of food grade cling film may be indicated here. :thumbsup:

40 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

are your bulldog clips stainless steel?

They are indeed, as are the ones in the bathroom for securing the toothpaste tube and weighting the free end of the lavatory roll.

On 11/05/2019 at 17:13, JoT said:

Update: I recorded the episode on ITV4, ITVHD and ITV4+1 and all three had the deaf signer in the corner of the screen

Looks like I will have to wait until the next rotation

:hourglass-not-done:

Latest on Kojak recordings, Can you believe it? They only showed Series 4 Episode 14 with the deaf signer again; that's another rotation to wait for the episode :timer-clock:

The good news is that they are finally showing Series 1 Episodes so I can record episodes 4 to 11 which haven't been on for a long time, fingers crossed

I gave up trying to collect The Sweeney as ITV4 would show some episodes at the original 4:3 and some expanded to fir the 16:9 screen, it looks terrible expanded to fit, no idea why they do it. Anyway I bought the full set of DVDs

• Like 1

Closing all the tabs on my phone.  I hate leaving any of them open.  :yes:

• Like 1

reg plate screws on cars, covers have to be bottom dead centre with the tab and the right tension so the plates dont bow in you know what i mean dont you @BondandBigM

oh and cigar lighters in cars has to be straight. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

reg plate screws on cars, covers have to be bottom dead centre with the tab and the right tension so the plates dont bow in you know what i mean dont you @BondandBigM

oh and cigar lighters in cars has to be straight. 

You need a pair of these German type plate surrounds

Screw them to the car then the plates slot in so no screws show. 

IMG_4359_300x300.JPG?v=1474488320

Any number of them on ebay for about £15 or £20

I've had them and pressed plates on a few of mine, the only minor problem it our local Plods are a bit hot on the non standard plates. I got pulled a few times. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

You need a pair of these German type plate surrounds

Screw them to the car then the plates slot in so no screws show. 

IMG_4359_300x300.JPG?v=1474488320

Any number of them on ebay for about £15 or £20

I've had them and pressed plates on a few of mine, the only minor problem it our local Plods are a bit hot on the non standard plates. I got pulled a few times. 

that takes me back to Leeds in my student days. I was just pulling up at the traffic lights at the University and it was raining hard. And this copper pulled up on his bike next to me and beckoned me to put the window down. So i did about an inch (didn't want to get the mocha leather wet in the BM 635 CSI). ''Right son'' (he said I was only 19 or 20) "get those silver and black plates off and put a white one on the front and yellow on the back like everyone else". I did it was on bold trx tyres...i didn't need to give the local plod any undue reason to stop me.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

that takes me back to Leeds in my student days. I was just pulling up at the traffic lights at the University and it was raining hard. And this copper pulled up on his bike next to me and beckoned me to put the window down. So i did about an inch (didn't want to get the mocha leather wet in the BM 635 CSI). ''Right son'' (he said I was only 19 or 20) "get those silver and black plates off and put a white one on the front and yellow on the back like everyone else". I did it was on bold trx tyres...i didn't need to give the local plod any undue reason to stop me.

In the Czech Republic you had to have white plates back and front so when I lived over there I stuck a white one on the back of my MK2 that I had at the time. 

Unfortunately when I came back to the UK I forgot to stick the yellow plate back on and got pulled by Plod in Newcastle. 

Another ticket

:(

They were even less impressed when I started talking gobbledegook Czech/Russian that I didn't even understand myself and gave them my Czech address. Interpol are probably still trying to find me. 

:biggrin:

I have

On 01/07/2019 at 20:38, JoT said:

Latest on Kojak recordings, Can you believe it? They only showed Series 4 Episode 14 with the deaf signer again; that's another rotation to wait for the episode :timer-clock:

The good news is that they are finally showing Series 1 Episodes so I can record episodes 4 to 11 which haven't been on for a long time, fingers crossed

I gave up trying to collect The Sweeney as ITV4 would show some episodes at the original 4:3 and some expanded to fir the 16:9 screen, it looks terrible expanded to fit, no idea why they do it. Anyway I bought the full set of DVDs

I will have the complete series 2 of Kojak after next week when episodes 14 and 19 are screened! ::clap:

• Like 1

When I make a piece of woodwork that uses slot head screws rather than cross heads, the slots must all line up (be in the same plane). If I do use cross heads, they must all line up, too, ie N,S,E,W.

I can vouch for screw heads lining up properly too, quite hard with chrome plated brass slot heads into hard timber when they stop early!

20190823-165102.jpg

Not the clearest pic but they are all horizontal, as are the other two units like it!

Squeezing the toothpaste from the top of the tube instead of the bottom.  :taz:

• Like 1

Footwear, Left one has to go on and be laced/fastened before the right one goes on. This also applies to socks. If I accidentally put a 'right' on first, everything has to come off and start again.  

Kojak - almost there - only got four episodes left to record: Series 1 Episodes 11, 20 & 21 and Series 4 Episode 14

Series one is on rotation again soon so hopefully they will show the missing episodes.

:hmmm9uh: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Spent ages making sure the masking tape edges in my downstairs loo were pressed right into the wall/ceiling joints with no wavy lines before painting.

That's not OCD, it's preparation and planning. Which may be …………… OCD in the modern world.:laugh:

Tomorrow, I will be addressing everyone I speak to as "citizen", just to make sure I don't offend someone. Although, that may not work either.:laugh:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stan said:

That's not OCD, it's preparation and planning. Which may be …………… OCD in the modern world.:laugh:

Tomorrow, I will be addressing everyone I speak to as "citizen", just to make sure I don't offend someone. Although, that may not work either.:laugh:

I guess most people wouldn't bother, but I hate 'cutting in'...I always get a few places where the paint from the wall gets on the ceiling and vice versa, leading to time spent touching up. It's just quicker to mask it up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I guess most people wouldn't bother, but I hate 'cutting in'...I always get a few places where the paint from the wall gets on the ceiling and vice versa, leading to time spent touching up. It's just quicker to mask it up.

That's just attention to detail.:wink: Or what has now become, erm, that new thing.:biggrin:

• Thanks 1