• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Stuart Davies

What Are You Looking At?

Just finished watching "Shadows of Fear" with George Cole on Talking Pictures TV.  

• Like 1

The 1980's original series "V" starts on Forces TV on Tuesday, I recall that it was quite watchable, get's a good rating on IMDB (7.4)

Box set to record!

27y20du0KyNyy531DYMZ9iklxJz.jpg

On 20/09/2019 at 10:22, Cassie-O said:

After watching for a few months I've just finished the boxset of "The Equalizer".  I watched the first episode again, I didn't notice before that Woodward plays McCall with a slight American accent then in the second episode onwards he speaks with his own British accent.  I think I'm going to watch every episode again!  It helps aswell when Woodward is great eye candy.  Thanks again @JoT for the recommendation!  :king:

Did you catch a young Woodward in The Wicker Man on Film 4 recently? Sinister film!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JoT said:

Did you catch a young Woodward in The Wicker Man on Film 4 recently? Sinister film!

Yes, I did!  I enjoyed it, especially, Sgt Neil Howie's reactions to the islanders ways!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Watching "Great British Car Journeys"  on Channel 4 with Christopher Timothy and Peter Davidson. Quite funny as today I received the "All Creatures Great and Small" complete collection! :king:

'Guardians of the Galaxy' dvd tonight, and it will be 'Dr Strange' tomorrow....just got to collect 7 more to have the complete set of 23 (so far) films. 'Spiderman-Far from Home' will complete phase 3 of the MCU. Phase 4 begins next year. Some of the more obscure dvds are available quite cheaply on ebay at the moment, Dr. Strange being the most difficult to obtain.

Watching "The Saint" - The Persistent Patriots on ITV4 with Edward Woodward, even before he became "Callan".  

On 12/10/2019 at 17:26, JoT said:

The 1980's original series "V" starts on Forces TV on Tuesday, I recall that it was quite watchable, get's a good rating on IMDB (7.4)

Box set to record!

27y20du0KyNyy531DYMZ9iklxJz.jpg

V has just started on Forces TV

They are showing the two-part mini series from 1983 first

Then following it up with the 1984/5 19 part series

On 15/10/2019 at 21:11, JoT said:

V has just started on Forces TV

They are showing the two-part mini series from 1983 first

Then following it up with the 1984/5 19 part series

Watching the start of the TV series after watching the two part mini series - one of the better series from the 1980's

Forces TV is fast becoming one of my favourite TV channels

The original series of Miami Vice starts on Wednesday starting with series 1 Episode 1

Review_215_Photo_1_-_Miami_ViceSeason_1_

21 hours ago, JoT said:

Forces TV is fast becoming one of my favourite TV channels

Definitely agree with you there! 

I've just finished watching my recording of "The Edgar Wallace Mystery" with Harry H Corbett which was on Talking Pictures TV.  Not the best programme, but still worth a watch.  "Cover Girl Killer" is still my favourite non Steptoe role with Corbett.

Now, I'm waiting patiently for "Still Open All Hours"!  :king:

p17453466_b_v8_aa.jpg

Just cancelled my Virgin Tv package as all of the channels I was watching are on Freeview. The only one that's not on Freeview is Gold, but most of the comedies are on Drama which is. It didn't make sense to pay an extra £40 a month just to watch Gold.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Just cancelled my Virgin Tv package as all of the channels I was watching are on Freeview. The only one that's not on Freeview is Gold, but most of the comedies are on Drama which is. It didn't make sense to pay an extra £40 a month just to watch Gold.

If it wasn't for sport I would do the same!

We havent had gold on Virgin since xmas when I managed to record all the only fools and porridge episodes that I could.

Virgin is complete crap

8 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

We havent had gold on Virgin since xmas when I managed to record all the only fools and porridge episodes that I could.

Virgin is complete crap

I think it depends which TV package you have...if you have the "Player" package, Gold isn't included. I had "Mix", which was the next one up and Gold was on there. However, another annoying thing with Virgin is that they sneakily take channels away from your package whenever they feel like it. For instance, I used to watch the Discovery Channel on my package.....until it was mysteriously spirited away.

I have thought about doing exactly the same thing recently. We have the lower tv package and it seems to me that we are paying Virgin media for freeview channels. I only stop with them as their internet is good. I may look into it and see if I will be saving any money by just getting their internet with no tv package. 

2 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

However, another annoying thing with Virgin is that they sneakily take channels away from your package whenever they feel like it. For instance, I used to watch the Discovery Channel on my package.....until it was mysteriously spirited away.

There's hardly a mention when they take these channels away and then you have the likes of Minder/Sweeney/Professionals which I do still like but they're on about 4 channels one after the other

• Like 2

Must admit, I'm finding Freeview a whole lot better than it used to be (and I've been on cable for the last 20 years or so). Most modern TVs have it built in now, so you don't need an extra set top box, and the HD channels are just as good as the cable version. I've actually re-ordered the HD channels in the channel list so they are now my default ones when I switch on.

• Like 2

"Great British Car Journeys" - Series 2 Episode 2 on Channel 4 with Peter Davidson and Christopher Timothy.  Last week's episode was really good.  :king:

Deadwood: The Movie - made by HBO who made the brilliant TV series "Deadwood" (2004 - 2006)

Featured the same cast including British actor Ian McShane who played Al Swearengen in what was, in my opinion, his finest career performances for which he won a Golden Globe in 2005.

It was more of an extended final episode than a movie and was set 10 years on from the last series.

The last series ended with a number of unresolved plot lines leaving it open for yet another series which never happened. The movie resolved things, not a brilliant piece of work like the series but I am glad they did it.

1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

'Taken' on E4 at the moment. Never seen it, so looking forward to it.

Then you can watch taken 2 and 3 :)

I contacted virgin earlier and to get broadband on it's own with the speed I have now would be £41 we pay £47 currently with the tv and house phone (which is not even plugged in ) 

May as well stick with my current package at least I can record the odd show that we like.  

• Like 1