• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Stuart Davies

What Are You Looking At?

The Sweeney - Series 1 Episode 4

Bought the DVDs as ITV insist on altering the format to fill a 16:9 screen which crops a fair bit off the old 4:3 filming and ruins it in my opinion 

• Like 1

The Saint - Series 5 Episode 11 "The Paper Chase"

Vivacious Lady (1938) - Ginger Rogers & James Stewart

Been after this for a while, found a French DVD with the original English soundtrack

The BBC showed it last year but I doubt if anybody at the Beeb watched it before it aired, I don't think they will show it again!

nh30qnpWoKvF5NgZ8N0SjN0xLBM.jpg

I'm finally getting round to watching some of my DVDs now!  It's great working from home, as long as the work gets done I can come and go when I please!  

Watching the first episode of "Hazell" - Hazell Plays Solomon, Nicholas Ball is quite a looker!  

ehNyRwn.jpg

• Like 1

TV channels worth a look during lock-down

• Talking Pictures TV - describes itself as an archive film and TV channel - lot's of old British films and classic TV series - Rumpole of the Bailey, Rooms, The Rogues, Hazell, Out, Get Some In, Sunday Night at the London Palladium, Danger UXB
  • Sony Movies Classic - old films, good mix of British and American
  • Forces TV - shows old TV series - Miami Vice, Special Branch, Never The Twain, Robin's Nest, Quantum Leap, The Dukes of Hazzard, Shelley, Tripper's Day
  • London Live - shows a selection of old movies not seen on other channels plus old TV shows - Callan, Birds of a Feather, Men Behaving Badly
  • TCM Movies - has started to show a good selection of old movies again after really losing its way although on my TV I always have problem with the sound on this channel.

Always been a big fan of. "Film Noir" loads on YouTube, French films ( only my opinion) are the best.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Just had a marathon session watching all the episodes of 'The Repair Shop' on BBC iPlayer.

big fan of this programme roger , clever & skilled peoeple :thumbsup:, love people fixing things . my trouble is i want to make everything better than new i fix up, which would be sacralige for some of the items :biggrin: my ralleigh choppers are better than the one they did though if i do say so myself :laugh:

deano

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Always been a big fan of. "Film Noir" loads on YouTube, French films ( only my opinion) are the best.

I applaud the subject, but, as a woman's screams fill the cold night air, that awful text to speech robot voice needs to be shot dead by a mysterious gunman in a dark and sinister alley... and in black and white of course ;-) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deano1956 said:

big fan of this programme roger , clever & skilled peoeple :thumbsup:, love people fixing things . my trouble is i want to make everything better than new i fix up, which would be sacralige for some of the items :biggrin: my ralleigh choppers are better than the one they did though if i do say so myself :laugh:

deano

It's one of my favourite progs too, though sometimes I wish they'd cut the sob stories and the 'fill' scenes and show more of the restoration processes. They quite often say they're going to do something, then in the next shot, it's been done with no explanation of how...for instance, one of the experts was repairing a grandfather clock and mentioned that the dial should be resilvered using a powdered silvering compound (I've only ever seen liquid silvering solutions). They showed the start of the process, then cut to the finished thing, which wasn't very informative. Still a great show, though.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

They quite often say they're going to do something, then in the next shot, it's been done with no explanation of how...for instance, one of the experts was repairing a grandfather clock and mentioned that the dial should be resilvered using a powdered silvering compound (I've only ever seen liquid silvering solutions). They showed the start of the process, then cut to the finished thing, which wasn't very informative.

I stopped watching the newer series because of the move away from showing how and increasing the amount of fluffy fill - another series I am fond of "Car SOS" has done the same, latest series shows less of the cars being repaired and more of the presenters swanning around

35 minutes ago, JoT said:

I stopped watching the newer series because of the move away from showing how and increasing the amount of fluffy fill - another series I am fond of "Car SOS" has done the same, latest series shows less of the cars being repaired and more of the presenters swanning around

agreed Jot, i beleive  one of the reasons ed chins left wheeler dealers was new american ownwers wanted to cut down on the/his  technical content :(

deano

• Like 1

The 'Windsors' on Ch 4...how do they get away with it? :laughing2dw: The two girls who play Eugenie and Beatrice accents are priceless...

• Haha 1