• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Igerswis

New In - G Shock content

Hey guys,

I've been into my G Shocks over the past two years (they share the same year of birth as me!). As 2018 was their 35th anniversary year I was looking forward to seeing what they were releasing. Unfortunately being in the UK they were not quite as easy to find on the high street. Since being in Thailand I've managed to come across many more models. Over the last few weeks I've picked up the below models if anyone is interested in them.

Has anyone else managed to pick up anything interesting for the 35th anniversary or collaborations?

DW-5700SF:

0CA46F23-7BA7-4EB2-8782-FF30BFF65AF6_zps

DW-6900NC:

FC0B4DFE-0A44-4843-B97A-8F6A6A4A0D39_zps

GA-110FRG:

F16EBA3B-3A4E-4057-8AB7-B18058186BC4_zps

DW-5600HDR:

11F5A992-6301-4740-8F2D-F2D28C5203F1_zps

GPR-B1000TF:

CB6C5EF5-87F2-47D1-AB4C-84AE7D003D7F_zps

GWF-1035F:

1588AD6A-36CE-4423-9868-982D6811455F_zps

MTG-B100TF:

F16A6F5B-BF2C-4F6B-A8F9-00A70A69549A_zps

• Like 4

Got to admit i`ve never been a fan, but they do have plenty of admirers.

I`ve always associated them with the younger end of the watch market, although there are one or two models that are a bit more conservative/mainstream.They do make some interesting looking pieces though!

• Like 1

Some very nice examples you have there  @Igerswis I'm not normally a fan of the negative display watches myself but I do like that  DW-5600HDR. But what do I know I have 3 G Shocks all the same model just different colours. :hmmm9uh:

Edited by brummie1875
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, brummie1875 said:

Some very nice examples you have there  @Igerswis I'm not normally a fan of the negative display watches myself but I do like that  DW-5600HDR. But what do I know I have 3 G Shocks all the same model just different colours. :hmmm9uh:

I have the GMW-B5000 in chrome/rubber and another in black pvd with negative displays and I think they look amazing. I also have a Rangeman with a negative display and its awful! The negative displays must vary between the models.

I would like one of these. DW 5600BBN 1ER.

Not sure about the legibility in bright sunlight though.

61ccgDSGkpL._UY500_.jpg

• Like 1

I just bought a b5600bc-1ber, partly because of nostalgic and partly because it really fitted my need for a gym watch.  Initially I thought I wouldn't like the inverted display too, but the only choice I had was a version that had a horrible yellow accent so I thought 'well I haven't had one for 20 years so let's give it a chance'.

Initial impression of the inverted is 'good-ish'.  Under bright light it is no problem at all and I think inverted display is actually better.  The problem is indoors where the viewing angle becomes horrid and looking at it straight up isn't the easiest to read if you have eyesight problem.  The only saving grace is that new g-shock nowadays have auto-light up feature (like smartphones) where it detects wrist moving above certain angles and put the light on for you, this makes it readable and it does work most of the time.  I'd still prefer it in non-negative display though!

But I do love the simplicity and that includes the accompanying app which is very useful btw.

gw-b5600bc-1ber.png

755a9c9cde93f34d007d4a80e8550296.jpg

• Like 1

On 17/01/2019 at 00:44, Roger the Dodger said:

Some nice examples there! I always wanted the iconic yellow Frogman, but now that they are over a grand, it's not an option anymore...:sadwalk:

Have you seen the transparent red Takashi Murakami Frogman and the going rate for one of those?!!!?! 

Edited by Igerswis
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Igerswis said:

Have you seen the transparent red Takashi Murakami Frogman and the going rate for one of those?!!!?! 

$40K ?      Are they having a laugh.....? :swoon:

http://www.g-street.com.au/2013/07/40000-g-shock-murakami-frogman-goes-on-sale-for-princely-sum/

This one's a lot cheaper, but still £7K...

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/closer01/item/279382/

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Price aside I think they look great with the transparent red rubber. Shame they will most likely deteriorate with the UV light over the years as per the clear jelly versions. 

• Like 1