• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Turpinr

Hydroconquest, spot the difference

1 hour ago, watchnut100 said:

Ah rite I got nothing to sell at moment anyway so no use to me, didn't even realise I had to get 50 posts? I been on here since September just got a day of today so having a look through stuff, looks a good site.

You've been on here since September?? I hope you've been spending unwisely on watches

12 minutes ago, watchnut100 said:

what is that supposed to mean?

Well, from my point of view it was unwise to join (only jesting) as i wanted advice on an Aquaracer, and got it, but a month later i bought a Seamaster.

Last year i also bought another Tag, then that Hydroconquest. It's like being a kid in a sweet shop

• Haha 1

Hate to be the one to let everyone know but these Hydroconquest and the majority of ones on ebay from these sellers in Austria / Germany are 100% fake. Just received one and compared it to my other hydroconquests and the differences are clear. Bezel align is wrong. Longines font is too thick on logo. Longines logo writing is the wrong colour. Dial lume pips aren't applied evenly (they should be perfect circles). Weight of the watch is wrong and the numbers on the bezel are too thick. I also went a step further and send the serial number to longines for authentication. They confirmed that the serial number was incorrect for the watch and that it didn't match up. Wierdly the serial used was a genuine longines serial just from an older two tone hydroconquest sold in the far east. Also the screwdown crown isn't correct and doesn't feel right. My one screws down like its got sand in it. Anyway Longines didn't seem impressed someone was selling fake Hydros!! Watch out guys. Any with misaligned Bezels 100% fake. I have no idea how they are ripping so many people off. Pretty upsetting as these are going for the going rate of genuine examples! 

Thanks  

I'd just like to add that these fakes are very very very good. I am a watch guy and know my stuff and I have been done....only way to tell is to have a genuine one side by side and you can see the differences in quality and fit and finish. The dials are a major giveaway. The genuine dials just pop and the printing is ultra clear. The fake is fuzzy and thick line weights and the lume pips!!! thats the big one. Very obvious when you compare upclose. Only question I have is why did they bother to fake stamp the eta movement? Very high end fakes these...

10 minutes ago, Jamesinorbit said:

Hate to be the one to let everyone know but these Hydroconquest and the majority of ones on ebay from these sellers in Austria / Germany are 100% fake. Just received one and compared it to my other hydroconquests and the differences are clear. Bezel align is wrong. Longines font is too thick on logo. Longines logo writing is the wrong colour. Dial lume pips aren't applied evenly (they should be perfect circles). Weight of the watch is wrong and the numbers on the bezel are too thick. I also went a step further and send the serial number to longines for authentication. They confirmed that the serial number was incorrect for the watch and that it didn't match up. Wierdly the serial used was a genuine longines serial just from an older two tone hydroconquest sold in the far east. Also the screwdown crown isn't correct and doesn't feel right. My one screws down like its got sand in it. Anyway Longines didn't seem impressed someone was selling fake Hydros!! Watch out guys. Any with misaligned Bezels 100% fake. I have no idea how they are ripping so many people off. Pretty upsetting as these are going for the going rate of genuine examples! 

Thanks  

Just had a quick look on the Bay and one alarm bell for sure is that all their "used" Longines seem to be quartz...... 

In your case , do you think you actually received the watch that they pictured !? 

Also , you can get a refund under eBays guarantee , made more straight forward now you have evidence from the Manufacturer that the watch serial number is fake.

large._20190123_153848.JPG.c2b0418f149b44c3154cfbe7a09d310c.JPG

16 minutes ago, Jamesinorbit said:

Longines logo writing is the wrong colour

Looking back at the above pic, does the 'Longines' lettering on the dial look a bit thick to anyone else? As i remember from mine it was fairly delicate. With slim lettering. CF.

Related image

4 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

Looking back at the above pic, does the 'Longines' lettering on the dial look a bit thick to anyone else? As i remember from mine it was fairly delicate. With slim lettering. CF.

The "S" gives it away.....

• Thanks 1

I'm in the process of getting a refund. I went back through the sold listings and it's truely shocking how many of them are fake. Forget the lettering just look at the sloppy lume pips. That's the main giveaway. 

1 minute ago, Nigelp said:

just go to goldsmiths for the bladdy things they are only about 800 quid! 

Many on here prefer 2nd hand watches to keep the cost down. though I'm sure your were just jesting :biggrin:

• Like 1

Just now, wrenny1969 said:

Many on here prefer 2nd hand watches to keep the cost down. though I'm sure your were just jesting :biggrin:

no

whats 800 quid for a watch? its nowt. 

Just now, Nigelp said:

no

lol, lets ask Roy to close down the sales corner then :( 

24 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

For many it’s not !

:)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jamesinorbit said:

Forget the lettering just look at the sloppy lume pips. That's the main giveaway. 

The savvy crook will use a genuine image to flog their rubbish on eBay. There was a post on here a while back where the picture had been copied and pasted from the manufacturers web site. Hamilton I think, another ebay fakers fave. :angry:

1 hour ago, Jamesinorbit said:

I'm in the process of getting a refund. I went back through the sold listings and it's truely shocking how many of them are fake. Forget the lettering just look at the sloppy lume pips. That's the main giveaway. 

Also .... thinking about it, decent eBay trade sellers for watches in the £300-£3000-ish bracket almost entirely sell using BIN because they bought originally legitimately wholesale and so have a fixed business margin and work the market accordingly. Why would anyone put a Longines on Auction as a trade seller... unless... they paid peanuts for it in the first place.

I've been having a bad run on eBay recently. Until then I was definitely up. Once picked up a genuine midnight blue hydroconquest blue dial for £200! Best deal I've never got and yes it's been authenticated by Longines themselves. But it's a minefield. So many fakes you need to be super clued up to spot it. In this instance I was sloppy and because the images were slightly low resolution couldn't see the finer details. The seller knows what he is doing and I suspect all the inventory is fake or Frankenstein watches. Who knows maybe the case and movements are genuine with some fake parts thrown in. It's really difficult to know for sure.