Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
RTM Boy

Strewth, Scorchio!

Recommended Posts

As we in the UK heads for the ice box courtesy of an imminent cold east wind from Europe (there's a metaphor in there somewhere, but let's skip that), our Aussie cousins are 'enjoying' record heat.  Yesterday parts of New South Wales (NSW) recorded maxima of 46 Celsius - in the shade.  Even Sydney saw 42 Celsius in the shade (in Penrith on Sydney's western outskirts).

Last night (Thursday 17th into Friday 18th Jan) in the NSW towns of Noona (west of Dubbo) and Borrona Downs (west of Bourke), experienced record overnight minimum temperatures of 35.9 Celsius and 35.6 Celsius respectively.  Try (not) sleeping in that!

So, which do you prefer; unbearable heat or the 'beast from the east'? :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   the whole world is experencing weather changes.   belive me;  it is not somthing the U.S. - EPA or any taxation can change !   vin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps Private Frazer was right all along...:tumbleweed:

phq444f.jpg

:laugh:

And another thing - the price of stamps these days - Jesus wept! :character0275::laugh:

Edited by RTM Boy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RTM Boy said:

As we in the UK heads for the ice box courtesy of an imminent cold east wind from Europe (there's a metaphor in there somewhere, but let's skip that), our Aussie cousins are 'enjoying' record heat.  Yesterday parts of New South Wales (NSW) recorded maxima of 46 Celsius - in the shade.  Even Sydney saw 42 Celsius in the shade (in Penrith on Sydney's western outskirts).

Last night (Thursday 17th into Friday 18th Jan) in the NSW towns of Noona (west of Dubbo) and Borrona Downs (west of Bourke), experienced record overnight minimum temperatures of 35.9 Celsius and 35.6 Celsius respectively.  Try (not) sleeping in that!

So, which do you prefer; unbearable heat or the 'beast from the east'? :biggrin:

We pitched up in OZ in our shorts and t-shirts only for it to be the coldest spell of weather for something like 25 years, we had to go and buy coats and hats. 

:(

And we never even saw a kangaroo !!! 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RTM Boy said:

As we in the UK heads for the ice box courtesy of an imminent cold east wind from Europe (there's a metaphor in there somewhere, but let's skip that), our Aussie cousins are 'enjoying' record heat.  Yesterday parts of New South Wales (NSW) recorded maxima of 46 Celsius - in the shade.  Even Sydney saw 42 Celsius in the shade (in Penrith on Sydney's western outskirts).

Last night (Thursday 17th into Friday 18th Jan) in the NSW towns of Noona (west of Dubbo) and Borrona Downs (west of Bourke), experienced record overnight minimum temperatures of 35.9 Celsius and 35.6 Celsius respectively.  Try (not) sleeping in that!

So, which do you prefer; unbearable heat or the 'beast from the east'? :biggrin:

A few years ago I was in Oz in similar temperatures, it was horrific, even with air conditioning it is a struggle. Give me a British winter and dark nights all the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JoT said:

A few years ago I was in Oz in similar temperatures, it was horrific, even with air conditioning it is a struggle. Give me a British winter and dark nights all the time

Back in the day I did a stint out in the middle east and it was regularly 40*C+ almost every day. On my off time I could always be found out on the roof of our shack catching a few rays. 

The warmer the better for me, this weather is torture, I couldn't feel my fingers at work today and I had thermals on, two pairs of socks, two pairs of trousers, two t-shirts, two sweatshirts, a bodywarmer and a big heavy cotton welders jacket on. 

And I couldn't get into my car this morning. It was freezing. 

BRRRRRRRRRRR

:(

Give me the sun any day of the week 

:beach:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, vinn said:

   the whole world is experencing weather changes.   belive me;  it is not somthing the U.S. - EPA or any taxation can change !   vin

final-gear-2014-diesel-power-challange-f

:whistle:

At a rough guess a bit like the gun thing  you good old boys would brand them as snowflake leftie liberals and ignore them anyway 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Yep...it can't be too hot for me...the hotter the better. :beach:

Yep we were basking by the pool on Christmas day. The girls decided to do "Bay Watch" 

Big M with her @rse hanging out of a two sizes to small bright red Pamela Anderson cossie.

:huh:

Not a good look at her age, the Germans on the sunbeds next to us nearly chocked on their ice creams. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BondandBigM said:

Yep we were basking by the pool on Christmas day. The girls decided to do "Bay Watch" 

Big M with her @rse hanging out of a two sizes to small bright red Pamela Anderson cossie.

:huh:

Not a good look at her age, the Germans on the sunbeds next to us nearly chocked on their ice creams. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

 

 

And the pics?.......

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...