• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
RTM Boy

Strewth, Scorchio!

As we in the UK heads for the ice box courtesy of an imminent cold east wind from Europe (there's a metaphor in there somewhere, but let's skip that), our Aussie cousins are 'enjoying' record heat.  Yesterday parts of New South Wales (NSW) recorded maxima of 46 Celsius - in the shade.  Even Sydney saw 42 Celsius in the shade (in Penrith on Sydney's western outskirts).

Last night (Thursday 17th into Friday 18th Jan) in the NSW towns of Noona (west of Dubbo) and Borrona Downs (west of Bourke), experienced record overnight minimum temperatures of 35.9 Celsius and 35.6 Celsius respectively.  Try (not) sleeping in that!

So, which do you prefer; unbearable heat or the 'beast from the east'? :biggrin:

the whole world is experencing weather changes.   belive me;  it is not somthing the U.S. - EPA or any taxation can change !   vin

Perhaps Private Frazer was right all along...:tumbleweed:

phq444f.jpg

:laugh:

And another thing - the price of stamps these days - Jesus wept! :character0275::laugh:

Edited by RTM Boy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, RTM Boy said:

As we in the UK heads for the ice box courtesy of an imminent cold east wind from Europe (there's a metaphor in there somewhere, but let's skip that), our Aussie cousins are 'enjoying' record heat.  Yesterday parts of New South Wales (NSW) recorded maxima of 46 Celsius - in the shade.  Even Sydney saw 42 Celsius in the shade (in Penrith on Sydney's western outskirts).

Last night (Thursday 17th into Friday 18th Jan) in the NSW towns of Noona (west of Dubbo) and Borrona Downs (west of Bourke), experienced record overnight minimum temperatures of 35.9 Celsius and 35.6 Celsius respectively.  Try (not) sleeping in that!

So, which do you prefer; unbearable heat or the 'beast from the east'? :biggrin:

We pitched up in OZ in our shorts and t-shirts only for it to be the coldest spell of weather for something like 25 years, we had to go and buy coats and hats. 

:(

And we never even saw a kangaroo !!! 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RTM Boy said:

A few years ago I was in Oz in similar temperatures, it was horrific, even with air conditioning it is a struggle. Give me a British winter and dark nights all the time

3 minutes ago, JoT said:

A few years ago I was in Oz in similar temperatures, it was horrific, even with air conditioning it is a struggle. Give me a British winter and dark nights all the time

Back in the day I did a stint out in the middle east and it was regularly 40*C+ almost every day. On my off time I could always be found out on the roof of our shack catching a few rays. 

The warmer the better for me, this weather is torture, I couldn't feel my fingers at work today and I had thermals on, two pairs of socks, two pairs of trousers, two t-shirts, two sweatshirts, a bodywarmer and a big heavy cotton welders jacket on. 

And I couldn't get into my car this morning. It was freezing. 

BRRRRRRRRRRR

:(

Give me the sun any day of the week 

:beach:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vinn said:

the whole world is experencing weather changes.   belive me;  it is not somthing the U.S. - EPA or any taxation can change !   vin

final-gear-2014-diesel-power-challange-f

:whistle:

At a rough guess a bit like the gun thing  you good old boys would brand them as snowflake leftie liberals and ignore them anyway 

13 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Yep...it can't be too hot for me...the hotter the better. :beach:

Yep we were basking by the pool on Christmas day. The girls decided to do "Bay Watch" 

Big M with her @rse hanging out of a two sizes to small bright red Pamela Anderson cossie.

:huh:

Not a good look at her age, the Germans on the sunbeds next to us nearly chocked on their ice creams. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BondandBigM said:

Yep we were basking by the pool on Christmas day. The girls decided to do "Bay Watch" 

Big M with her @rse hanging out of a two sizes to small bright red Pamela Anderson cossie.

:huh:

Not a good look at her age, the Germans on the sunbeds next to us nearly chocked on their ice creams. 

And the pics?.......

• Haha 1