• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Nickdm101

Hello

Hi everyone, not exactly a huge watch enthusiast here. I have however recently came into possession of a limited edition Mille Miglia automatic chronograph watch with the godolphin horse racing logo on the dial. I have the box including a certificate of authenticity, and I haven’t actually worn the watch yet because I am looking to sell it, providing I can retrieve the majority of its value. 

I have had the watched looked at and valued at around £6000, I really don’t have a clue what I’m doing though and would be very grateful if somebody could advise me.

Many thanks 

Nick 

Chopard watches are not an easy sell.  I have a St Moritz, which I really like, but get very few enquiries for.  Was the £6,000 an insurance valuation, or an actual offer?  Big difference there.

Your ideal customer needs to be an affluent watch collector who loves horse racing and likes the watch design, and is prepared to buy used.

Take it to a London auction house, or Fellows in Birmingham, and ask what they think it will fetch.  That is a far more reliable valuation.  Maybe the Godolphin connection helps?  

4 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

Chopard watches are not an easy sell.  I have a St Moritz, which I really like, but get very few enquiries for.  Was the £6,000 an insurance valuation, or an actual offer?  Big difference there.

Your ideal customer needs to be an affluent watch collector who loves horse racing and likes the watch design, and is prepared to buy used.

Take it to a London auction house, or Fellows in Birmingham, and ask what they think it will fetch.  That is a far more reliable valuation.  Maybe the Godolphin connection helps?  

Thanks for your reply

I say valued, it was in a very unofficial capacity, they looked at it closely and it was a vague estimate at best, however they genuinely seemed very impressed by it and they said the godolphin logo may make it appealing to collectors.

They did also say it was missing a guarantee of purchase or something along those lines?? which I’m told devalues it somewhat, it was a prize at a horse racing event in Dubai, so im assuming this was taken out of the box before it was awarded.