• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Always"watching"

Sad Week for a New Seiko

I’m very sorry for your recent sad loss.

I think you’ve made a great choice for your watch which is elegantly understated and classical looking. It’s very smart and I hope it will give you many years of enjoyment and pleasure. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

I hummed and hah'd about whether to show members pictures of this watch because some of you may feel that my choice is of a basic rather boring Seiko automatic, not worth posting pictures of. However, I have decided to show the watch because my enthusiasm for this rather basic Seiko design is hopefully shared by some of you. 

Firstly I want to say condolences on your loss. My thoughts are shared with others on the forum and we all feel the same. This is a small forum and a very tight nit community; the support you get from others is amazing as a result. 

Remember a few years ago when we used to fall out on the forum? You took things to heart very easily. Now you have your own section on the forum and your posting your own reviews on watches and other interesting topics that are brilliant and informative, which is to be commended as they do take time to create. 

Please have more confidence in yourself and feel free to post photos of any watches. You’ve already come a long way since joining the forum. The value or appearance of a watch is very subjective and nobody is going to put you down for posting what you enjoy. I get the same thrill from some plastic G Shocks as I do with some more valuable pieces. 

• Thanks 1

My condolences, for your recent loss.

How on earth you would imagine that a classic Seiko would not be appreciated/admired, I do not know. :thumbsup:

Wear it, with fond memories of your Father, for many, many years to come. (and pictures are mandatory :biggrin:)

Steve.

• Thanks 1

A fine way to commemorate your father’s passing, @Always"watching".

That model ticks all of my boxes and really is reminiscent of their earlier models, when the company was starting to take on the big boys.

Timeless design effortlessly balancing form and function.

Wear in good health, you deserve it.

• Thanks 1

Condolences for your loss ,Honour . I feel your pain as I lost my father last year.

Nothing wrong with seiko .

• Thanks 1

I am truly overwhelmed by the response to this rather personal little topic. Many many thanks to all those who have posted and responded on this thread, and thanks also to the members who messaged me. This Forum is still a generous and friendly place to be, and the importance of keeping and encouraging this atmosphere is of vital importance.:teethsmile:

• Like 1

Sorry to hear the news of your father Honour. As for the watch, it's fantastic value and a Seiko classic. Stick a different Seiko badge on it and it would have cost several thousand more! 

• Thanks 1

Sad to hear about your father, but it's nice to know he a good innings, and more than that, his life was dedicated to others. As for the watch, very well made and classic, but not for me !

• Thanks 1