• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
alxbly

My watches

Hi all,

Although I've been a member here for over 18 months now I've never shared my collection of watches. It's funny, I rarely think of it as a collection; I just buy what I like! 

No Omega or Rolex here, my little collection is all pieces under £1,000 and is mainly Seiko, Casio, Bulova, Tissot and a few others. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this quick look at my watches:

I've got pretty much everything I want so I don't see my collection growing any further. I don't feel a strong urge to downsize either, as I enjoy all the pieces I own, even if some of them don't get worn as often as others. 

So what's next? Well, I've got quite a few watches not shown here which I'm planning on selling and hopefully the proceeds from that will go towards one really nice piece... although I've not decided exactly what that would be yet,  there's two I have in mind... 

:)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

nice collection i'll have to do one of these now ive got 6 watches. My total collection was about £350 all old 1980's stuff. And a bit rough round the edges. You know well loved and all that. But still telling the time spot on all being decent quartz from seiko, zenith and longines. 

• Thanks 1

That`s a great collection you have built up @alxbly I love looking at collections & I will look on with interest as to which way you take it next.Thanks for posting the video:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, alxbly said:

Hi all,

Although I've been a member here for over 18 months now I've never shared my collection of watches. It's funny, I rarely think of it as a collection; I just buy what I like! 

No Omega or Rolex here, my little collection is all pieces under £1,000 and is mainly Seiko, Casio, Bulova, Tissot and a few others. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this quick look at my watches:

I've got pretty much everything I want so I don't see my collection growing any further. I don't feel a strong urge to downsize either, as I enjoy all the pieces I own, even if some of them don't get worn as often as others. 

So what's next? Well, I've got quite a few watches not shown here which I'm planning on selling and hopefully the proceeds from that will go towards one really nice piece... although I've not decided exactly what that would be yet,  there's two I have in mind... 

Very nice, and you don't have to spend fortunes to enjoy watches. When people realise I am a watch enthusiast quite often their first question is "what is your dearest watch". This makes me really angry, because I can't see that question being asked with any other product. I buy watches for what they are, now what is written on the dial. Because I know what constitutes a good watch, I can't ever see myself spending a fortune on one, because I know I don't have to. Anyway, here is mine, although it is slightly out of date

N8M7CKw.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pete wilding said:

Very nice:thumbsup: 

Thanks Pete!

5 hours ago, Bonzodog said:

Nice looking selection you have there sir.

Thank you sir!

5 hours ago, marley said:

I agree, a cracking collection!

Thanks @marley, my Seiko Samurai looks much better on the bracelet (thanks to you buddy)! 

Love your collection. What is that Seiko in bottom right box, bottom right corner slot? Looks like a chronograph with 2 white subdials.

• Thanks 1

What a fantastic collection you have!  :yes:  I couldn't take my eyes off the Seikos.  As usual a brilliant video.  :king:

• Thanks 1

Great collection thanks for sharing enjoyed watching. I love the seiko sarb 033 i am after one any advice on were to purchase and thats you opinion on it ?
Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

On 20/01/2019 at 13:35, Decker said:

That`s a great collection you have built up @alxbly I love looking at collections & I will look on with interest as to which way you take it next.Thanks for posting the video:thumbsup:

Thanks! :)

On 20/01/2019 at 13:50, Mrs Wiggles said:

Very nice, and you don't have to spend fortunes to enjoy watches.  

N8M7CKw.jpg

Nice collection! I agree, there are lots of really nice watches and not all of them cost a fortune!

On 20/01/2019 at 16:04, brummie1875 said:

Thanks for sharing your collection, a nice variation you have there and a nice trio of Gruppo's too. :thumbs_up:

Thanks, we share a liking for Gruppo Gamma. I've been really impressed by each one I've bought. 

On 20/01/2019 at 19:31, JayDeep said:

Love your collection. What is that Seiko in bottom right box, bottom right corner slot? Looks like a chronograph with 2 white subdials.

Thanks! That's a SNDF95P1 chronograph. :)

• Like 1

Nice collection :thumbsup:

If you're going to add a special one then it's got to be MM300 SBDX001... That would fit in perfectly I reckon :) 

• Thanks 1