• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

My strap has finally developed certain characteristics... The strap is all now nicely frayed (a little patina too).

I couldn't imagine this watch on anything else and the more "pubes" it gets, the better it will look!

IMG_20190121_190749

IMG_20190121_214327IMG_20190121_214630

IMG_20190121_215119

Any other watches "of the forum" that are looking good in tatty old rags?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My zenith is pretty fit. But my trackies have paint on. Does that count? 2cbe958d6467e2d2acc676d00dd830a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Mine's had a 'Brazillian'....
large.20170311_113207.jpg.5e51e5a25611a6409cc55a35129ef8c6.jpg
Good job its a ginger innit

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bonzodog said:

My poor old brain did a sumersault at th title:sign_what:.But that’s a cool strap.

Mine too.  Still needed to take a look though lol.

• Haha 1

I LOVE well-patinated leather straps and just wish more watches were sold with a quality leather strap rather than a stainless steel bracelet. As for fabric straps, I quite like these but had a new Sekonda some time ago that sported a nice khaki fabric strap - that is until the strap proved so harsh and rough that it pulled out threads from any clothing it came into contact with.:biggrin:

22 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

I LOVE well-patinated leather straps and just wish more watches were sold with a quality leather strap rather than a stainless steel bracelet. As for fabric straps, I quite like these but had a new Sekonda some time ago that sported a nice khaki fabric strap - that is until the strap proved so harsh and rough that it pulled out threads from any clothing it came into contact with.:biggrin:

I find with stock leather straps a bit on the short side,and in many cases poor quality.

• Like 1

I do agree with you there, dear Bonzodog. I especially dislike straps with a sort of fabric underside that starts to crack up and fall apart long before the actual leather upper has past its prime. It surely isn't too much to ask that decent watches should be supplied with something of quality in terms of leather strap.:)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

I do agree with you there, dear Bonzodog. I especially dislike straps with a sort of fabric underside that starts to crack up and fall apart long before the actual leather upper has past its prime. It surely isn't too much to ask that decent watches should be supplied with something of quality in terms of leather strap.:)

I had a very interesting chat with a senior chap at Patek not so long ago and he said their straps generally last for about 500 'do-ups' before the leather at the buckle starts to split.  He said this was perfectly fine as it meant the owner would bring the watch in for a new strap and a service.

I prefer completely the opposite approach; engineering them to last as long as humanly possible by not having any stress concentrations (particularly not bending through a buckle), being only semi flexible, and having multiple layering of Teju leather.  Teju is one of the few leathers that gets better with age (something to do with having no calcium in it).

20190117-085032.jpg
20181216-1054200.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got a very similar style on my Christmas Steiny - obviously designed to fray like yours but I can't decide about the whole shaggy strap look. Swapped it onto an olive suede at the minute while I think about it.:

ANkNMq.jpg