• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
rolex22

Any Help With This Rolex Please :)

Hi everyone,
I am trying to find out any info about a watch i was given a few years back. It works fine but i know nothing about it.

It is a small gold watch with linked bracelet with a pale face and a blue ring around it. 
It has Rolex and W&D 9K 782235 Swiss on the inside of case and Rolex swiss made 15 jewels and i think FASR on the mechanism 

I can't seem to upload photos but if anyone has any expertise in this area i would be happy to email them pictures
Thank you in advance :)

12 minutes ago, rolex22 said:

FASR on the mechanism

Hi Rolex22,

Welcome to the forum. It might be nice to say a little to introduce yourself.

I'll pick up the easy one! FASR stands for Fast, Advance - Slow, Retard (or something to that effect). It is on the regulator to allow the watch to be finely adjusted to correct timekeeping. 

There, that's the limit of my knowledge, over to the experts.

photos

https://imgur.com/lvwbBOL

https://imgur.com/MdiF6My

https://imgur.com/CpB0DJm

https://imgur.com/Bo5C4ys

https://imgur.com/tGD7vkA

@Boots hi! 

My name is tilly i live in southsea and have never posted on any forums before! I am having trouble finding anything like the watch i have online so was hoping someone on here will be able to shed some light on it 

@rolex22

Hi Tilly! Don't worry, most of the forum members don't bite.

I can certainly see the pictures, though unfortunately, as I hinted at earlier, they mean nothing to me. I'm sure someone will be able to help though.

42 minutes ago, rolex22 said:

Hi everyone,
I am trying to find out any info about a watch i was given a few years back. It works fine but i know nothing about it.

It is a small gold watch with linked bracelet with a pale face and a blue ring around it. 
It has Rolex and W&D 9K 782235 Swiss on the inside of case and Rolex swiss made 15 jewels and i think FASR on the mechanism 

I can't seem to upload photos but if anyone has any expertise in this area i would be happy to email them pictures
Thank you in advance :)

It's a nice little watch, probably 1920's, 9k gold, looks in quite good condition, not much more can be said really

Bo5C4ys.jpg

tGD7vkA.jpg

MdiF6My.jpg

I agree with JoT , I would date the watch to early 1910-20 . I think they used a different sponsor mark in the early 1920's (RWC instead of W&D , which were the initials for Wilsdorf and Davis ) . The watch looks like it contains a Aegler movement with Rolex on the ratchet wheel . A very nice looking gold watch :thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tazmo61 said:

I agree with JoT , I would date the watch to early 1910-20 . I think they used a different sponsor mark in the early 1920's (RWC instead of W&D , which were the initials for Wilsdorf and Davis ) . The watch looks like it contains a Aegler movement with Rolex on the ratchet wheel . A very nice looking gold watch :thumbsup:

would anyone know if its worth insuring? if so how much for? its just sat in a box atm as i broke up with the guy who gave it to me 

1 minute ago, rolex22 said:

would anyone know if its worth insuring? if so how much for? its just sat in a box atm as i broke up with the guy who gave it to me 

If you have a home contents insurance policy it should be covered already 

Hi Tilly - welcome to the forum. Can't help but it might help if you (or a Mod) could alter the title to "help with this vintage Rolex" as it might catch the attention of members with a particular interest. Failing that I would have a look for a Rolex forum or pop into a Rolex dealer in Portsmouth. Looks an interesting watch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JoT said:

If you have a home contents insurance policy it should be covered already 

:blush: nope im a pretty rubbish grown up