• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I know this has cropped up before but Ive had warnings from both Chrome and Firefox about this site not having the correct certs etc.    Personally I don't have a problem and trust the site but my IT seems to think otherwise...

5 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I'm using chrome and its showing secure ?

Same here.

Edit: The home page is showing as insecure, but the topics appear to be OK

7 minutes ago, ong said:

I know this has cropped up before but Ive had warnings from both Chrome and Firefox about this site not having the correct certs etc.    Personally I don't have a problem and trust the site but my IT seems to think otherwise...

Are you logged in with http:// or https:// it should be the latter 

5 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I'm using chrome and its showing secure ?

Chrome and Edge both secure for me reading topics but insecure on home page

It shows as secure on my chrome when reolying/ viewing a thread but if you go up alevel to general discussion it looks insecure. 

Chrome, Edge, IE11 and Tor browser all seem to be good here.

Forgot to add that I have Adblock (of some kind) on the first three.

Edited by Stan

Here's a weird thing. Mine comes up insecure on the index pages, and secure on the threads ?

3 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Here's a weird thing. Mine comes up insecure on the index pages, and secure on the threads ?

that's what i said, so not as weird as you think.

At my work I can't access this forum at all, as it's comes up as insecure, think it mentions certificates, but can't remember, will check tomorrow. But I have to use my phone to see the forum when i'm at work.

At home, the home page has an insecure icon, but the threads have secure icon.

Just logged back into Tor Browser and got this:-

"www.thewatchforum.co.uk uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates. An additional root certificate may need to be imported. Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER."

Roy may need to look into this.:wink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ong said:

i get a few of those.   certficate complaint with 3 options.  the first is continue -- i pound on that option a few times and it desapears.   i think it is spam.  vin

• Haha 1

It does not matter really, if you have a Mac and you have no personal info on here... if you have a floating sieve [ also known as a Windows PC ] then its another matter of course....

24 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

It does not matter really, if you have a Mac and you have no personal info on here... if you have a floating sieve [ also known as a Windows PC ] then its another matter of course....

Fascinating perspective, we should be Apple Macintosh focused then?

I have a Linux box and laptop, let me check out which system is least vulnerable, old boy?:laugh: 

My Dell workstation is running Windows 10 Pro.:OyVey:

Websites and browsers are vulnerable despite the Operating System.:rolleyes:  

Web Browsers are often the key application on most people's computing device, they take a great deal of a computers resources and are one of the most vulnerable applications, despite the OS.

Your "Mac complacency" only makes you vulnerable.:wink: 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WRENCH said:

8 hours ago, wrenny1969 said:

Yes, this is what I found too.

Most browsers will flag it an insecure if any piece of content on the page is not from an https address.

On the Watch Discussion forum, for example, the Twitter image that koimaster is using as a profile picture is using http, so the whole page gets flagged as insecure.

Nothing to worry about as such, but a bit of a PITA for some.

• Like 2

Our certificate is valid and the forum is showing as secure. As Longplay has stated it only needs an external link on the page to show the page as insecure.  Looks like it might be Paul's electric watch site link on the home page which is causing this but there is nothing to worry about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, wrenny1969 said:

Crossover post posting oversight scenario. I'll have some men look into it.

quartermass+2.jpg

• Like 1

It’s certainly not “spam.” Security warnings are not what “spam” refers to, unless you’re opening up a tin of meat that’s well past it’s expiration date. 

I can see the issue on a few pages with Chrome iOS, but it doesn’t worry me. If your browser is throwing up warnings, it’s a Nervous Nellie. :thumbdown:

Edited by Chromejob

On 25/01/2019 at 04:31, Roy said:

Our certificate is valid and the forum is showing as secure.

On 02/02/2019 at 13:30, Chromejob said:

If your browser is throwing up warnings, it’s a Nervous Nellie

Exactly right. Firefox sends warnings but Chrome doesn't.  Go figure.......    :sign_question: