• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Anyone used WatchFinder to Sell a Watch? Is this a decent offer?

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To save all the messing around, i will give you £50 right now. Paid in the Queen's finest pound notes... Shall i send you my address? 

Update, they will now supply a link free of charge (additional ones will be charged). So it looks to be resolved 

Well, Mister "F" was offering - i quote - "The Queen's Finest Pound Notes" so he must be pretty well connected to have access to her majesty's personal stash of legal-tender £1 'notes' while the rest

You can get easily 3k if sold on FB marketplace, Gumtree or Reddit. 

Auction sites have fees. If you do not mind the hassle - sell it yourself.

You can get easily 3k if sold on FB marketplace, Gumtree or Reddit. 

Auction sites have fees. If you do not mind the hassle - sell it yourself.

I have sold several watches to WF.

The first was a Breitling Navitimer A23322 silver on silver dial. It was their offer of in excess of the amount which I paid new for the watch (bought from an online retailer) after a couple of years of ownership that in large part got me into the hobby, realising I could have a nice wristwatch and also cover my costs when selling on. That was around 2008.

Since then I have sold several other watches to them... Milguass white dial, Royal Oak 15300st, Millenary white gold black piano dial, Submariner date, daytona 116520 white dial, aquanaut 6167a, 5196r, amongst them. I have found that their margins have increased considerably recently and their purchase offers will differ considerably over time according to their own stock levels of that watch or series.

They have also grown exponentially over the years but I would still absolutely recommend them as a safe way of selling. Don't be afraid to ask for updated purchase offers on the same watch you are looking to sell if the initial price falls short of your expectations. 

The harder part these days is finding the right watch to purchase at the right price. I only this month bought my first ever watch from them, generslly preferring up to now, to buy pre owned from AD's.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just Part exchanged two watches to get a Two Tone Datejust. One watch was a Seiko Grandmaster GMT, I bought from them earlier in the year for £4700 (offered me £3800) and the other was a Speedmaster moon watch (<1 year old) and was offered £3300. They did knock £250 off the price of the Datejust.

However, now it has arrived, it is too tight. Looking a stick photos of the watch there is a link missing (I have pretty common 7.5inch wrists).

I have contacted them, only to be told that their T&C's clearly state that not all bracelet links will be offered but will source (at cost) a link if required. I have found have some money have found one on ebay for £140. But it is a bit of cheek when buying a £10K watch to not admit, some kinks may be missing. They are supposed to check the sizing from my part-exchanged watches (All spare links supplied) but clearly didn't. 

They said they would try to source a link and get back to me with a price :(

• Like 1

Ive bought a few watches from them..

Ive "learnt"! now , so when they say, we will size it for you...I tell them my wrist is 21cm!! That way I make sure all the links are in the watch.

Ive been caught out in the past....and had to contact them, to get extra links.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm halfway through my first transaction with watchfinder. 

They had the item I was on a search for and condition online seems good. 

We discussed a PX but they were slow off the mark so I've stuck my outgoing on eBay so no issue there. 

They have come down by 15% for a outright purchase which is pleasing. 

Looking forward to it arriving in a day or so. 

So far so good! 

• Like 1