• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Roger the Dodger

'Strictly Come Dancing'? Latest just in. (Pic heavy)

Wow, really impressive and congratulations on a great find.  

• Thanks 1

Looking good Roger I enjoyed seeing the photos from the different stages of the cleanup. Well done fella :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Good restoration work on the watch (Sort of reminds me of that thread on watchuseek years ago where the guy bought a watch only to open the box and find bits of poo fell out.  The seller had lots of cats that presumably had erm....toilet trouble) 

There were quite a few of these for sale on the other forum a few years back (The dancing hands watch not watch boxes full of cat poo)  For some reason they seem to be hard sellers though admittedly some of them have designs that haven't aged well.  Still, a good and interesting Seiko to own.

• Thanks 1

Great thread, thanks for taking the time to show us all the different stages. I envy you and others that can do such work. 

• Thanks 1

Great job mate, and another great Seiko to add to your Collection. I love the video showing the watch “dance”. :clap:

• Thanks 1

interesting, those pusher c clips are incredibly same I would need a electron microscope to see them in real life , never mind R&R :thumbsup:

deano

• Thanks 1

Wow, it looks like brand new after your hard work!  I could never attempt anything like that!  Also, what a beauty of a watch.  You have impeccable taste.  :king:  Nearly forgot to say a great write up too.  :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really well done. I’m always impressed when people do work like this as I know it’s not easy. 

And bringing a good watch back from the brink is a bonus. Well done mate. 

• Thanks 1

Nice one bruv,

Reminded me to take mine out of the box and replace the battery!

Actually - it reminded me of one of the last times I had the battery replaced in a jewelers.  When the new battery goes in the watch immediately goes into dancing hands demo mode.  The person behind the counter had obviously never seen one before and freaked a little, thinking they had broken it!

• Haha 1

Impressive work looks fab! 

I have a Seiko yachttimer which looks very similar to this, unfortunately whilst it still beeps and the hands wiggle a bit it seems to have given up on me, would this use the same movement? Or a variation there of?

45984433475_131c163c35_b.jpg

25 minutes ago, no8yogi said:

Impressive work looks fab! 

I have a Seiko yachttimer which looks very similar to this, unfortunately whilst it still beeps and the hands wiggle a bit it seems to have given up on me, would this use the same movement? Or a variation there of?

45984433475_131c163c35_b.jpg

While it looks similar casewise, I can't answer if it uses the same module. If you take the model number and casecode from the back and do a google search, you should find out more.

3 minutes ago, stdape said:

Cleaned up well. What cleaner did you use?

The watch parts (not the module, obviously) went into my ultrasonic machine which removed all the crud and filth from the surfaces, and while I had the fine polishing compound (the green Dialux) on the Dremel mop, I lightly gave the case a quick going over.

• Like 1