• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Muhle Glashutte anyone?

GASHEAD

I have recently been bitten by the German watch bug... can't get enough of the likes of Nomos, Stowa, Sinn etc.  Anyways, I was considering the square-cased Nomos Tetra but was a little unsure of the size, just 29.5mm, when I came across this watch. 

It's a Muhle Glashutte Quadrant which measures 33mm across, but wears more like a 37-38mm watch due to the shape.  On some websites it is described as a woman's watch but given how it wears and the 18mm lug width I really don't think so.

I'm very pleased with it and in retrospect I do think the Tetra might be just a touch too small for me.

Any other Muhle Glashuttes out there?

large.IMG_0847.JPG.a3e781809222264f62be51e5ab9eef25.JPG

large.IMG_0957.JPG.2f69c634ed41c548451413f720ff15ce.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Lovely piece, and certainly looks bigger than its dimensions.

Like you i was bitten by the German bug and looked for a while before spending more than I intended too. I bought the 29er  (standard version for my small wrists, the Big 29er made me look like I was a kid again wearing my dads watch) three years ago, lovely piece. Excellent piece, simple elegant and robust (if you can have both). Not the most talked about maker, but I have been more than happy with my purchase. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GASHEAD said:

Thanks fellas - no other Muhles out there?!

Had my eye on a S.A.R. Unfortunately other commitments at the moment. There is an AD not far, which is always a.good thing.

ID%2041115%20SKU%20C56550_1_det.png?w=80

Sort of looks like an "expensive Vostok". Which is not a bad thing.

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Wowbagger said:

just a very long way from Glashütte

Having driven there twice (won't be the last time either), I can happily confirm that Glashütte is really quite a long way from anywhere, except perhaps Dresden.

My friend lives near Kempen, which is only a short ride from Venlo and the Dutch border... so a very long way from Glashütte!

I have a sort-of plan to cycle there some time. I'd like to include a trip to Leipzig, Dresden and Berlin in the same trip. I have two special reasons for wanting to go to Leipzig: firstly, my piano was made there in the mid-1930s, and the factory is still making good pianos. And, of course, it was at the Thomaskirche that the great J. S. Bach was based from 1723 or so until his death in 1750. However, Brexit, anno domini and the fact that my wife struggles to cycle decent distances now (and I would be aiming at >40 miles per day) mean that this may well be a pipe-dream. Might have to take the train...

Edited by Wowbagger