• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

22 hours ago, Roy said:

Will have to wait for Taoatalk to update their app. 

I’m seeing the same thing, that bizarre page code on trying to login with Tapatalk. I’m sure I’ve said before, I hope you don’t pay much for their plugin, everytime you update the server, their app goes kerblooey for a while. :hmmm9uh:

Interesting new changes with the update, have to spend some time in Chrome for iOS and report any idiosyncrasies. The font is a bit odd. Modern san serif fonts are great for headlines but harder reading in paragraph text . I’m also disdainful of san serif fonts that don’t include true italics variations; you can see it most clearly with an “a” or “g” when you format. Once you’ve used a sans serif that does, you never want to go back. (Like those people angered by misuse of “it’s” and “they’re,” statements that begin with “So…,” radio announcers who say “um.” ) But…. Chalk that up as a grumpy old man yelling @ kids to get off the lawn. 

x4MVDvOm.jpg 

Edited by Chromejob

Is it just me or are others finding that pages are taking longer to load?   Before, it was instant, now there seems to be a lag of several seconds before pages load after clicking the headings. Using Chrome on a PC with Virgin superfast cable.

Perhaps the upgrades aren't totally finished yet?

1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Is it just me or are others finding that pages are taking longer to load?   Before, it was instant, now there seems to be a lag of several seconds before pages load after clicking the headings. Using Chrome on a PC with Virgin superfast cable.

Perhaps the upgrades aren't totally finished yet?

Seems to be loading normally on Windows Roger. On PC with Virgin too.

Normal speed that is. 

Edited by brummie1875
Coz I'm useless.

1 minute ago, brummie1875 said:

Seems to be loading normally on Windows Roger. On PC with Virgin too.

We must have had a local problem...all normal now.

• Like 1

Hey guys, is everything up and running ? Some things are still bugged for me such as the classifieds.

Does anyone else have trouble deleting a quote?  Before the update there was a button you could press to clear the message box, however now if I try, "Blockquote widget" appears.  Thanks.   

On 04/02/2019 at 16:36, Roy said:

Blockquote widget

13 minutes ago, themysterybidder said:

Does anyone else have trouble deleting a quote?  Before the update there was a button you could press to clear the message box, however now if I try, "Blockquote widget" appears.  Thanks.   

Blockquote widget

I will add the clear button back again tomorrow. 

• Thanks 2

any idea when we will be able to use tapatalk again? Is there an alternative mobile app in the mean time?  

Just now, Nigelp said:

any idea when we will be able to use tapatalk again? Is there an alternative mobile app in the mean time?  

It is up to tapatalk as to when they update their app, it might be  awhile. The forum works fine on mobile browsers. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Roy said:

It is up to tapatalk as to when they update their app, it might be  awhile. The forum works fine on mobile browsers. 

can we upload photos in the same way? I'll have a go tomorrow, thats all i was wondering tapatalk as made it easy to upload photos on mobile. Thats the alternative i was looking for, i can see the forum on google, not sure i can upload a pic to say the wruw, though i haven't checked it out properly. Thanks Roy. 

43 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

can we upload photos in the same way? I'll have a go tomorrow, thats all i was wondering tapatalk as made it easy to upload photos on mobile. Thats the alternative i was looking for, i can see the forum on google, not sure i can upload a pic to say the wruw, though i haven't checked it out properly. Thanks Roy. 

If you are a gallery member then you can upload images. If not then you have to host the image somewhere and then link to it. 

• Thanks 1

On 03/02/2019 at 18:07, Roger the Dodger said:

We must have had a local problem...all normal now.

Sometimes the Internet/Ethernet cable gets stuck under a chair leg. Moving it works a treat. :P 

1 hour ago, Roy said:

The forum works fine on mobile browsers. 

Under Chrome/iOS (iPad Mini, 2048x2048), in portrait mode, the forum adapts to a "mobile" presentation, then switching to landscape, the forum switches to a full-size, desktop presentation. Very nifty. :clap: 

There used to be an option to delete a post within a certain time frame, that seems to have disappeared. Is it coming back? :blush:  

10 hours ago, Chromejob said:

There used to be an option to delete a post within a certain time frame, that seems to have disappeared. Is it coming back? :blush:  

The option was to edit a post in a certain time frame, I do not think there was ever an option to delete.

12 hours ago, themysterybidder said:

Blockquote widget

The new page/clear button has been added back to the editor :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Roy said:

The option was to edit a post in a certain time frame, I do not think there was ever an option to delete.

I'm certain there was, it was under "Options" next to "Edit" on the recently submitted post frame. In fact I think "Delete" was the only option under "Options." 

5 minutes ago, Chromejob said:

I'm certain there was, it was under "Options" next to "Edit" on the recently submitted post frame. In fact I think "Delete" was the only option under "Options." 

You’re right sorry, it was only there for gallery members and had to be removed. 

NO worries, it's a nice feature when you post a total tit nudge and want to withdraw and whimper, but easy enough to immediately edit a post and obliterate one's misplaced missive. 

OOps. Before the upgrade, there was a footer (bottom of the page)  of "hot topic" links to things like forum rules, how to attach a pic, etc. I don't see it now. 

It was nice being able to tell newbies "look to the bottom of the page for a link to instructions," but now we'd have to find the link, copy the link, paste the link,... :Snore: 

On 12/02/2019 at 16:28, Chromejob said:

OOps. Before the upgrade, there was a footer (bottom of the page)  of "hot topic" links to things like forum rules, how to attach a pic, etc. I don't see it now. 

It was nice being able to tell newbies "look to the bottom of the page for a link to instructions," but now we'd have to find the link, copy the link, paste the link,... :Snore: 

Fixed :thumbsup:

Don't see it on the thread or Unread in Followed topics page ...  AH, there it is (a Useful links block)  on the home page. Not bad, the footer of the topic section and topic display pages can be utilized for other useful links, a couple of which are already there. 

... Trying to limit my :dummyspit: complaints to 2 a week. :sorry: 

Edited by Chromejob

58 minutes ago, Chromejob said:

... Trying to limit my :dummyspit: complaints to 2 a week. :sorry: 

Good, thank you :laugh:

• Like 1