• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Chris 810

How many comments about your watches have you had ?

None, ever, no matter what I've worn. I did once ask an estate agent about what I thought was a  Pepsi Rolex GMT, and he proudly informed me that it was €5 off the looky looky man in Ibeza......

• Like 1

Not many comments in all honesty, those I can remember:

IWC Ingenieur 3227 - Former work colleague "is that a fake"? Me: "&&&& &&&"

Rolex Sea Dweller - investment banker: "that's the same watch as mine" me: no it's not, yours is a Submariner"

Glycine Airman 46 - dental nurse "wow, that's huge", dentist: "please concentrate" 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoT said:

Glycine Airman 46 - dental nurse "wow, that's huge", dentist: "please concentrate" 

Of course, my childish side has just made me laugh out loud...fnarr! fnarr!

Image result for finbarr saunders gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've had a couple of comments.  One from a work colleague who told me that she thought men's watches were a lot nicer looking than women's watches.  The second came this afternoon when my mother commented on the double domed sapphire crystal in my Orient Mako II with Pepsi bezel as being lovely and clear glass.

Get a few from the folk in work and couple of friends, but they know I like my watches, they sometimes ask to see what i'm wearing.

Only once outside of my friends, family or work colleagues has anyone commented. It was when I was sat down in a bowling alley and a family nearby had a busy child running around and jumping everywhere to which the father said "Careful or you'll smash that man's Rolex." I politely corrected him and he replied "it looks really expensive from where I'm sitting." This was the watch in question......................bless him. :laugh:

IMG_4067_zps4ilvc24n.jpg

• Haha 1

Twice strangers have commented on my watch, and on each occasion it was because they were wearing the same model. On one other occasion a guy nodded appreciatively - I think it was at the watch but who knows... Us Brits are too refrained if we haven't been introduced :).

• Haha 1

A good thread. A few comments have been made, but the only one that comes to mind was about a £50 Royal Oak homage. Surprisingly enough the friend in question knew a bit about watches, and knew someone with the real thing. I was quite flattered when he said how nice it looks, and it does !

xiFXHbu.jpg

Over the years I've had quite a few "Is that a Rolex?" comments. To which I've had to reply "yes, but not the kind divers wear". That kills the conversation very effectively.

Since I've been hanging around here, I notice other people's watches. Last week in a work meeting I counted 3 Casios, including a huge G-Shock, which got a "wow that's huge" from one of the girls. The owner proceeded to explain it was a compass, altimeter, barometer, sextant, telescope and could shoot Klingons off the starboard bow at 300 paces. He wasn't even slightly interested in my Wave Ceptor.

It's actually quite nice that people don't automatically know what watch your wearing.

Most of my chums could probably tell me how much every item of clothing I'm wearing cost, and where I got it (I dress like crap most of the time) with the exception of the watches. I don't own anything particularly expensive but if I cadge a compliment off one of them about them it's because they liked the watch rather than because im a hypebeast.

Over the last decade I can count on one hand the amount of comments I have had about my watches; the last was last year when I was wearing my DaytonaC.

People have certainly noticed the watches much more than that, but in terms of actual comments there have been very few.