• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Mrs Wiggles

Jump Hour Watches

My obsession with watches really started when I decided to spend a few quid on watches and attempt to double my money.  By the end of the exercise I found myself  keeping more than I re-sold. Along the way I bought and sold several jump hour watches, but never kept one. This was something I later came to regret. I have a policy of keeping 3 vintage watches in my collection, and my Speidel 70s digital watch just died and went to watch heaven. I decided to replace this with a jump hour watch, but really didn't want to spend much. After spending weeks of hunting I found this little gem. A Citizen quartz jump hour, sold only in Japan between 1997-2003. I am as certain as I can be that there won't be more than a few of these in the UK, which kind of gives me a buzz. Just think, thousands of Submariners, AP Royal Oaks, and Omega Moon watches, but just a couple of these. It will arrive within the next few days, but I have been assured the watch is close to pristine. Unfortunately it lacks the box, but I am sure I can pick one up at a later date.

Do you own jump hour watches yourselves, and if so let's see them

cd1pWXp.jpg

• Like 4

I’ve had a few in my time but regrettably I can’t read the time without my reading glasses on so end up taking my phone out to see the time. So as much as I like the look , they are totally impractical for me at my stage of life :wheelchair:

2 hours ago, andyclient said:

I’ve had a few in my time but regrettably I can’t read the time without my reading glasses on so end up taking my phone out to see the time. So as much as I like the look , they are totally impractical for me at my stage of life :wheelchair:

Surprised you have a phone :biggrin:

I have at least one jump hour watch possibly more. The hour indicator actually "jumps" from one hour to the next when the minute hand reasches the 12-O- clock position.

Does yours actually jump as it looks as though the hour indicator is constantly moving?

That makes reading it much easier.

4 hours ago, johnboy24 said:

I have at least one jump hour watch possibly more. The hour indicator actually "jumps" from one hour to the next when the minute hand reasches the 12-O- clock position.

Does yours actually jump as it looks as though the hour indicator is constantly moving?

That makes reading it much easier.

It hasn't arrived yet, so not sure

Had a Nixon rotolog, nice unique piece. Would really like a vintage styled jump hour when my wallet has recovered (2019 is the "year of the no-watch" after quite horrifying spends in 2018).

• Like 1

Won this in one of Roy's giveaways. Quite like it but when the hour us about to jump it moves slowly until it is midway between the hours before finally making the jump. So it can be quite tricky to decipher at times.

large.20180310_142652.jpg.aa42d5fac0e18445f06811505fefb2e1.jpglarge.20180310_141537.jpg.74512f281a661f744c9be0607d8263d0.jpg

Edited by kanab22
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Jonesinamillion said:

Had a Nixon rotolog, nice unique piece. Would really like a vintage styled jump hour when my wallet has recovered (2019 is the "year of the no-watch" after quite horrifying spends in 2018).

I'm very much enjoying it too ;) People don't understand it at first glance which is brilliant.

I have always liked the idea of a jump-hour watch but have never found one big enough! most seem to be around 36mm I am sure there must be larger models out there, probably need to look harder. I like @Mrs Wiggles Citizen :thumbsup:

I do like them actually, have got a couple of 1930's ones which look like the old "sector" ones with hour at the top, minutes in the middle and seconds at the bottom. If i can find it will post a picture. I have a Sicura one as well somewhere..........