• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Opinion on best watch sub £5k

Evening all,

really struggling with what my next watch should be, convinced I was going for a Tudor gmt Pepsi then a Harrods BB, then a Omega Speedmaster. I would love your opinion on what watch you would buy at a price point of sun £5k?

i had a bremont Boeing 247 and loved it, sold it for a Rolex sub and then we we found out we were having a child and sold it...... 2014 sub box and papers sold it for £3750 ! What an error!

anyway after a few years I’m now back and ready to buy my next one. Probably prefer something around the 42mm mark any suggestions? 

thanks all! 

For <£5k there is a huge choice but given you liked the Bremont Boeing 247 I would look at an Omega Speedmaster Professional and there are of course a lot of Sub-u-like watches or a pre-owned Rolex Sub

if you're a watch enthusiast who like fiddling with his watch a lot then a manual wind Speedmaster.

But if you'd rather not have to wind it then consider a Submariner. (NonDate might be getable <5k)

But if your watch has to be accurate (even a cheap quartz is more accurate than any mechanical) but you still like mechanical complications then look at JLC Master Control MechaQuartz. That's a mechanical chronograph stuck to a quartz movement. So, quartz accuracy with mechanical complication in a super slim case.

• Like 1

Not sure if you're still specifically after a diver or Chrono, but what about a Grand Seiko snowflake? Might be a little off piste given your other ideas and might not be your thing, but at (slightly over I know) £5400, thought I'd throw something else in the mix :clap:

sbga211g.jpg

Edited by Matthew999
Typo
  • Like 4
On 07/02/2019 at 19:27, Mrash said:

Evening all,

really struggling with what my next watch should be, convinced I was going for a Tudor gmt Pepsi then a Harrods BB, then a Omega Speedmaster. I would love your opinion on what watch you would buy at a price point of sun £5k?

i had a bremont Boeing 247 and loved it, sold it for a Rolex sub and then we we found out we were having a child and sold it...... 2014 sub box and papers sold it for £3750 ! What an error!

anyway after a few years I’m now back and ready to buy my next one. Probably prefer something around the 42mm mark any suggestions? 

thanks all! 

I think you know the answer to your question really ? If you shop around you can still get one under £5K non date especially