• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Its a very nice looking watch on a bonklip style military bracelet. :yes:

It’s a shame to have missed it but even if you had bid more you could still have been outbid. 

Something’s are just not meant to be........specially if it’s on eBay. :( :biggrin: 

• Thanks 1

I reckon that this watch is pushing back into the late 1940s, or is from the first few years of the 1950s. On close examination of the pictures accompanying the advert, it appears that the case is chromed alloy rather than steel - note also that the legend on the back refers to a stainless steel BACK rather than being all stainless steel.

I have often thought that I remember watches I should have bought but didn't far more clearly than watches I bought that turned out to have been mistakes. I also tell myself that one joy of collecting is that there will always be a next time; something else will come up and rekindle the antennae...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

I reckon that this watch is pushing back into the late 1940s, or is from the first few years of the 1950s. On close examination of the pictures accompanying the advert, it appears that the case is chromed alloy rather than steel - note also that the legend on the back refers to a stainless steel BACK rather than being all stainless steel.

I have often thought that I remember watches I should have bought but didn't far more clearly than watches I bought that turned out to have been mistakes. I also tell myself that one joy of collecting is that there will always be a next time; something else will come up and rekindle the antennae...

I am haunted by a fake Vacheron Constantine i did buy off an old fella had a boot stall with his mate....outside Portsmouth football ground.....I used to chat with them every week.....they sold old militeria.....and such........the watch (he told me was very unlikely to be the real deal)....he let me have for £10.....was a nice looking watch ...with a visable  (glass back)...automatic movement.....wore it for several weeks and it kept really good time......then one week at the same boot sale.....I was chatting with another guy with a stall...and mentioned the watch .....he kept harassing me to buy it and eventually....I let him have it for £20.....I am not haunted by this because it turned out to be a genuine vacheron.....lol......but merely because it was a rather nice looking watch that I was happy with at the price i paid.....and I didn't really want to sell it......:)