• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

4G connection on the forum has been hit and miss for a while but I think I have fixed it, can anyone who had difficulties before please confirm that it is ok now.

Just tried on my Samsung phone and got the message 'The site can't be reached, www.thewatchforum.co.uk's server IP address could not be found.

5 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Just tried on my Samsung phone and got the message 'The site can't be reached, www.thewatchforum.co.uk'sver IP address could not be found.

Damn, on what browser? Its woking on my iphone through safari.

3 minutes ago, Roy said:

Damn, on what browser? Its woking on my iphone through safari.

I'm on Chrome on the phone, Roy. I'll try again.....no, it's still showing the same message at the moment.

Just now, Roger the Dodger said:

I'm on Chrome on the phone, Roy. I'll try again.....no, it's still showing the same message at the moment.

Ok Roger thank you, I'll investigate some more :thumbsup:

Ive had problems with PC's that are on the latest version of windows 10, if the search engine is google. Using Microsoft edge solves the issues. Seems google will not always work with very up to date microsoft versions. 

There's something strange going on here...my Samsung phone is still showing the message from above, whether on 4G or Wifi...even after rebooting. However, my Samsung tablet (wifi only) is behaving perfectly normally...in fact I'm writing this on it now. :hmmm9uh:

26 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

There's something strange going on here...my Samsung phone is still showing the message from above, whether on 4G or Wifi...even after rebooting. However, my Samsung tablet (wifi only) is behaving perfectly normally...in fact I'm writing this on it now. :hmmm9uh:

Thanks Roger :huh:

i have not been able to get on the forum, on my iPhone on 4g for ages. But on WiFi connects no problem. PC is fine.

10 minutes ago, Richy said:

i have not been able to get on the forum, on my iPhone on 4g for ages. But on WiFi connects no problem. PC is fine.

Richy can you please try now on 4g on your iphone and let me know. 

All seems to be back to normal now. Haven't been able to access the forum since my last post last night, and was still down at 6.30 this morning. Finally got on at 10.30 am. All working fine on wifi and 4G now. Thanks for all your hard work, Roy, but please don't do that to me again...apart from having severe withdrawal symptoms from being unable to log on, when I looked up from my tablet last night, I was shocked to see a strange woman sitting opposite me :scared:...on further investigation, it appeared she was someone called my 'wife' and I had to try and make small talk with her. Very un-nerving indeed! So glad everything's back to normal now! :thumbsup:

• Haha 3

I had problems on my phone, via safari Wifi or 4g wouldn't work, then also at work on Chrome no joy, seems all good now, thank you Roy for keeping the lights on! 

• Like 1

It uploads the page but it is blank white. This is what I have had for months. Just checked just now and still doing it, it appears to be only this page, everything else loads fine ?

Turn on WIFI and loads no problem?

Edited by Richy
  • Like 1

Just now, Richy said:

It uploads the page but it is blank white. This is what I have had for months. Just checked just now and still doing it, it appears to be only this page, everything else loads fine ?

It's doin' my head in :hmmm9uh:

Can anyone still get the site to load on 4G ? If so can we please all check and post the working networks and the ones that do not work?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Chrome on Samsung android phone and tablet working fine on 4G and wifi. :thumbsup:

What network is that on Roger? 

3 minutes ago, Roy said:

What network is that on Roger? 

Virgin at home for wifi, Roy, and my mobile is Vodafone for 4G. BT at work for wifi, and that worked too.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Virgin, Roy.

Long time since I’ve been called that :laugh:

• Haha 1

Down on everything for me last night but working great on virgin wifi and on virgin 4g now :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

I was unable to reach the forum at all last night or night before, using Chrome OS on my home internet connection ... was the site down for a few hours?