UK Watch Forum banner

Cousins registration?

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  andyclient 
#1 ·
Am I being stupid or is it just for businesses because it's asking for my type of business etc?

#3 ·
When you get to the checkout, you have to tick a box that says you're buying for your own use...you don't actually have to be in the trade. Everyone does it. But make sure you know what you want, because as stated above, there are no returns if you order the wrong item...One thing I will say about them, they are incredibly quick...when I order stuff, it's usually there 2 days later, and very well packaged in lovely little cardboard boxes and ziplock bags.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have several of these that were recommended by someone on here, they are really good and I would recommend them.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/af-swiss-stainless-steel-18978a
That's the brand I like to buy from OFrei in the US. They say the tools (or some) are made in the same factory as Bergeon, just don't have the fancy brand name printed on 'em.

Horotec are good too, I've got a pair of their spring bar tweezers, but obviously they can be as pricey as Bergeon for some things. Be confident you'll use the tool regularly before spending so much. And be sure you don't mind messing up your watch if you buy the cheapest tools you can find! :nono:

#12 ·
Remember that with screwdrivers, you can usually buy the better blades (Bergeon for example) and fit then into the cheaper handles. The Indian blades appear to be made of lead and twist and blunt very quickly. However, having splashed out on a set of Horotec screwdivers with ball bearing mounted heads, I would never go back to cheap screwdrivers, ever. The old adage, buy quality, buy once, holds true in this instance. JMHO, you understand.

Reactions: Chromejob and Noj
#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.