• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

"Invicta;" Say the Name then Run ?

I have noticed a distinct quiet period on the Forum when it comes to Invicta watches. Over the years I have been a member, there has been quite a bit of debate about the brand with quite a lot of negative views expressed. Just recently, I came across quite a positive review of an inexpensive Invicta watch in the Pro Diver series, and as the watch fits into a "slot" I am on the lookout for, I wondered just how positively Invicta watches are viewed by Forum members today.

I would be most interested in your views.

• Like 1

They produce a lot, and a wide variety of models. Some of their models are just fugly to look at, but not all. 

Automatic divers like the 8926 are good value, with a reliable Japanese movement inside, and classic looks. Many modders like to start with these, I think. I wouldn't be put off the brand, just examine the watch you buy very carefully for defects, as their QC is probably not up to Seiko or Citizen standards. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've two Invicta pro divers, got both from amazon when they were on deal of the day, considering  both were under£80 each, I consider them a bargain.

Seem well made for the price, good size at 40mm and NH35 in them. very happy with both and happy to wear both.

Not into the bigger Invicta though, most of their range is not my style but the pro diver is good.

Invicta 8927 Pro Diver (NH35A) (3)Invicta 9094OB Pro Diver (NH35A) (2)

• Like 3

I'm a not anti-Invicta, at all, but I'm not really all about them either.

I've owned 2 or 3 in my collecting days. They're good build quality, use good movements. Their customer service is what really sucks, but it's not the worst either. A big reason I stay away is the etching of the brand in the cases and over the top dials. They just go overboard too much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Like you I have read a lot of negative stuff however on the forum I have spoken to a few people who love them and I would like to think that the people here are slightly more aware of what makes a good watch and are sensible about what to expect for the money. My motto has always been if you like it and you can afford it then it is a great watch for you and sod what anyone else thinks.

Noj

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Decent for the money, but a bit gaudy.

Iirc spec-wise the Invicta divers are better watches than the skx, but lack that intangible soul.

To be honest, the second hand puts me off those more than the brand-name.

I'm going to buy the red Mickey Mouse one if I can find it at a sensible price :biggrin:

4 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

Thanks for those posts - most informative, and I think that an Invicta watch may be a purchase for me in the near future. I did notice that negative reviews often seem to concern customer service when things go wrong - especially time delays when seeking a refund.

Captain Obvious here. Try to buy from a retailer that takes returns very easily. I find I avoid most retailers except those I know favor customer satisfaction over return complications. 

I've got the black 8932, which is quartz and 37mm, so I guess that would get it several down votes in certain quarters. However, I got it for £15 on Ebay and it's in extremely good condition. Edges of the lugs are quite sharp, but I can't find anything else to fault it on.

Since then I've been looking out for others and been a bit shocked at the prices they go for used. My hopes of filling the watch box with Invicta divers for £15-25 each have taken a real bashing.

• Like 1