• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

eco drive

lester8005

Question

hi can any one help I have had a citizen eco drive for 11 the glass broke so I got a new one I stuck it in a draw where it as been for over a year .

ive gone to take it out there is no life what so ever I lefy in direct sun light for 5 months still nothing 

I took it to a guy who put a new capacitor in it now the watch kind of works it doesn't keep the time its hard to set and its flashing charge 

is the watch finished ?

any info would be great 

thanks 

13 answers to this question

Who fitted the new capacitor? There are one or two sharks out there who will just try to charge it and send it back, or even bodge  a standard battery into it - if it's flashing recharge I can't imagine there being a brand new cell in there. 

Just to clarify, did you charge it with the crown pulled out? That's the best way to get them fully juiced for some reason.

Lastly, if everything IS right it might be worth checking its the right capacitor. Citizen do lots the same size but that run at different powers, I've previously ordered the wrong cell because of that.  Again, it comes down to who changed the capacitor for you.