• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
ry ry

Hamtun K2 - titanium diver on the cheap?

https://hamtun.co/blogs/news/reviews-of-the-hamtun-kraken-h2

Nothing to do with me, but this looks pretty sweet (Kickstarter is launching March 5th). Titanium with SR coating, ceramic bezel with inset lume, AR coated Sapphire, choice of automatic Seiko or Swiss movement, decent lume, looks nice too. That's a lot of value in there.

Any of you lot had a chance to handle a Hamtun watch in the flesh before? If the build quality is generally on point I'm gonna try to snag one of these at the ludicrous early bird price.

• Like 2

Saw a review for this on a Youtube video this morning. Think the channel is called Just One More Watch or something...

I actually really like the watch and for £199 seems like a bargain. Will be keeping a close eye on the Kickstarter :thumbsup:

Made it in on the early bird, they are flipping flying out tho.

Was like 150 gone in 2 mins. :wacko:

Edit. 600 gone in 7 mins.

I missed out on the super early bird: apparently there were 400 people online at launch waiting to pounce. I got in at £219 though and will be going for a white dial. I'm still undecided on whether to get the Seiko or Sellita movement though.

532d23e944c6740d695ea280d2743d73_origina

• Like 1

Congratulations on getting one - never seen a Kickstarter rocket so much.

Personally I'd pay the extra for the Sellita - but that's only because I'm a movement snob - I'm sure the Seiko is a great movement :thumbsup:

• Like 1

what about the blue dial?

Currently at £188k of the £20k needed.  Fully funded in 30 seconds!  I got me one, but think I will stick with the black dial

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lampoc said:

I missed out on the super early bird: apparently there were 400 people online at launch waiting to pounce. I got in at £219 though and will be going for a white dial. I'm still undecided on whether to get the Seiko or Sellita movement though.

532d23e944c6740d695ea280d2743d73_origina

The case won't be any thinner with the sellita, so I'm pretty set on the Seiko.

The big question is dial color. From what I've seen im with you on the white, but it depends what the other one(s?) look like.

I'm kinda surprised this hasn't got much attention on here. Looking forward to getting my hands on one!

I've just been looking at these. It appears there will be various coloured dial options and they have a new round of 'rewards' on offer.

English company with a bit of a track record and certainly seem amazing VFM.

That yellow looks nice, but not at the price, which isn't as low as 199 now.

Anyone got a picture of the blue or any other colours? Green could sway me.

The Halios Seaforth had a similar customer response and there are a few around for sale now, including one on here, I think? So could be worth waiting to pick one up pre-owned,

There were a fair few multi-watch packages gone, so I'm assuming there will be some for sale (or the scalpers will cancel if/when it doesn't sell out completely).

For the moolah I don't think it's worth waiting. £200 is a very fair price for the spec, and I really like the look of them. Would be disappointed if I held off and couldn't get hold of one later on.

Can't seem to see the stretch goals anywhere though, so afaik better clasp & more dial colours are the options.

2 minutes ago, ry ry said:

For the moolah I don't think it's worth waiting. £200 is a very fair price for the spec, 

But they've gone now. The cheapest currently is 239 with 194 left of 500.

First post - woo lol

I was a little disappointed to miss out on the super early pricing, but went for one anyway.

First Kickstarter, first Hamtun & first titanium watch :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ry ry said:

:(

Here is the blue fwiw.

unnamed.png?zoom=2.625&w=461&h=461&crop=

Thanks, but that's not for me. It's a bit drab really.

Yeah I'm not huge on the blue, no contrast to it.

That's a render I think, but I suspect it'll be quite flat looking.

They do seem to be good value even at the current prices

extras being added like free rubber strap etc

i managed to get a pair early on.

now just need to decide on colours etc

• Like 1

I actually quite like the blue dial above.

I've upgraded my pledge to the sellita movement in the hopes of a slightly slimmer case.

• Like 1

Plowing through the comments thread on Kickstarter (it's like an entitled WIS version of a YouTube comments thread, I wouldn't recommend!) ....

* It looks like they'll be able to shave .5 - .7mm off the case for the sellita which is pretty cool.

* Some kind of ratcheting clasp is in the works, will be at no additional cost,

* We're all getting a free rubber strap (with the original clasp) thrown in,

* display caseback is a +££ option but there movement isnt decorated - no custom rotor  and the watch is already pretty thick. I'm not fussed.

* It's grade 2 titanium (same as the Pelagos) but with a PVD-style coating. I have no idea how durable the coating will be.

* Dial colors incoming, sounds like there will be a whole bunch to choose from.

* Titanium 12 hour bezel insert is an option. Looks quite nice and changes the whole look of the watch.

* Meteorite dial might be a thing (I think it looks dreadful tbh, but whatever floats people's boats)

* some random Aussie chap rage-cancelled his super early bird pledge because he couldn't have an additional 10% off the price. :laughing2dw:

• Like 2

Typical, I completely missed this thread till now. I was looking for a titanium watch and love the design of this.

It was now £249 plus the extra for the swiss movement, but fair price and no import tax etc.

SO...…...I'm in !

• Like 1

At £249.00 its still fantastic value - I  cannot help but think they under valued it - but great for anyone buying one 

It’s nice to buy something and then be told we will be getting a rubber strap free with it. 

I am going Seiko movement and no display back. Why have a window on a plain view?  Plus it keeps the case depth down a bit. 

I don’t generally get on with modern divers watches due to the weight and size. I’m hopeful that the titanium will sway me. 

I've went for the Swiss movement and preferring the white dial, as I don't currently have one. Think the ratcheting clasp is a must though!

White dial, Seiko movement, black bezel, regular case back with the sweet octopus engraving here.

I was in the process of pricing up a modded SKX with white dial, lumed ceramic bezel, upgraded movement, sword hands and sapphire - would have cost about 600 quid. Instead I got more or less exactly what I wanted in titanium for 200. I'm happy as Larry.

I think I'm going to enjoy this one. Now I just need to wait till September to get my grubby mits on it :(

Totally agree with you about the display back too, Scott.

Imo makes an already chunky watch thicker and heavier, just so you can occasionally peer around the bracelet for a sideways look at an undecorated movement.

I've also just realised I got the name wrong in the title. Doh!