Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Classic_1

Omega Seamaster 300 Help

Recommended Posts

No obvious alarm bells..... The only question I would ask the seller is why are they selling it, because they appear to be an eBay buyer ,,,, usually.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pics aren’t great but can’t see anything obvious. I’d ask for a pic of the serial number on the back of the lug and double check it against the cards. Also think the price is a bit strong... I’d be looking to pay £1500 tops but I’m a tight Northerner haha

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Classic_1 said:

Hiya everyone, i have been looking at Pre owned Omega Seamaster 300 watches and came across this on eBay. Looks very good quality. How legit does this look to everyone?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163573064689?ViewItem=&item=163573064689

That's way too expensive, it's an 18 year old Seamaster 300 Professional, I would be expecting a newer co-axial version for the price they are asking.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, thanks for the reply. If you could point me in the direction of an Omega Seamaster Co-axial for £1500 then i will buy it now

2 hours ago, JoT said:

That's way too expensive, it's an 18 year old Seamaster 300 Professional, I would be expecting a newer co-axial version for the price they are asking.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Classic_1 said:

Hi, thanks for the reply. If you could point me in the direction of an Omega Seamaster Co-axial for £1500 then i will buy it now

 

The watch you have shown isn’t £1500 that’s it’s starting bid £1495 to be precise with reserve not met , it’s buy it now price is over £2k which puts it in co-axial territory 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It £1495 and there is a reserve on it so they aren’t going to let it go for the starting bid.

 I agree with the other above, for £2000 I would want a ceramic bezel model. Personally I would only pay a max of £1200 for the watch your looking at.

Just did a quick search on ebay and found at least 2 of the ceramic co-axial for £2000 buy it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still say worth £1500, its had new hands and replacement bezel complete with insert they don't come as separates.

Edited by PC-Magician

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone, i think i'll give that one a miss then. If anyone comes across an Omega Seamaster 300 41mm Auto at a reasonable price then please give us the heads up. Thank you for all your advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Classic_1 said:

Thanks everyone, i think i'll give that one a miss then. If anyone comes across an Omega Seamaster 300 41mm Auto at a reasonable price then please give us the heads up. Thank you for all your advice.

Check out Chrono24 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Classic_1 said:

Fake? 

No it is a bit rough the edges are rough and the lume is not to good imo, the caliber is right the 1120.

Check out SMP bond buyers guides

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?421292-Seamaster-300m-buying-guide

Cheers Martin

Here is a good vintage buyers guide, some good advice

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/buying-vintage-omega-advice-beginners-722077.html#/topics/722077

Cheers Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Classic_1 said:

Thanks Martin, it is considerably cheaper than the others, I'm guessing thats why. 

You can pick up a great SMP for around £1500 even a little under. You just have to be a little patient.

Cheers Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PC-Magician said:

I still say worth £1500, its had new hands and replacement bezel complete with insert they don't come as separates.

But he's asking £2,195 BIN so your point is moot.

22 hours ago, Classic_1 said:

Hiya everyone, i have been looking at Pre owned Omega Seamaster 300 watches and came across this on eBay. Looks very good quality. How legit does this look to everyone?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163573064689?ViewItem=&item=163573064689

You could buy this one and get a service done for about £265

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENTS-OMEGA-SEAMASTER-AUTOMATIC-FULL-SIZE-300M-JAMES-W-BOX-CHRONOMETER-STUNNING/183698159158?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20160323102634%26meid%3D429f4c0705084826aa47903bfe6aab5b%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D163573064689%26itm%3D183698159158&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

https://genesiswatchmaking.co.uk/omega-pricing.html

This would work out considerably less than the one above with a brand new service :)

 

Edited by it'salivejim
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, it'salivejim said:

Thanks for the reply, the first comment what I meant was if I bought the watch at the starting bid price of £1495. I'm sorry for any Confusion there... 

The watch in that ebay ad you just pasted seems like its in quite poor condition... Faded bezel, scratches and no warranty card? Is that what I'm looking at condition wise for a £1500 budget? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

large.20180902_091241-1024x1820.jpg.2006a44f3c2fb0d334319359bb2346df.jpgThat's bit to beat up for 1500 boy o boy o boy you have no idea how it winds me up when ther is a picture of the watch with the case back removed assume it's no longer water resistant. I got this one for 1300 with everything just be patient. 

Edited by A2orry
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, A2orry said:

large.20180902_091241-1024x1820.jpg.2006a44f3c2fb0d334319359bb2346df.jpgThat's bit to beat up for 1500 boy o boy o boy you have no idea how it winds me up when ther is a picture of the watch with the case back removed assume it's no longer water resistant. I got this one for 1300 with everything just be patient. 

Stunning watch! May I ask where you purchased it? EBay, chrono, watchshop or privately? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got it from eBay fair while back .I was patient it was within my 50 mile limit.so I had a nice drive to the guys house nice cup of tea bit of haggling and it hasn't missed a beat I'm thinking it's due servicing now .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...