• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

just came across this brand while searching the bay , and wondered where it slotted in quality wise , ie lower to mid or mid to higher quality , or poor to lower , any help would be very welcome thank you , seen an open heart one that's quite nice 

Dreyfuss is the higher end Swiss made watches from Rotary, which is owned by a Hong Kong Investment co (same co I think owns Corum and Eterna). They have Swiss movements in them, I have 3 and they come with the Sellita SW200. IMO good quality well made watches, although I wouldn't pay the full retail price, but if you find one in a sale or on ebay (have seen quite a few on there going for good prices) at the right price and you like it then I would go for it.

Another Rotary brand this one they use for some of their "better" quality watches usually ETA movements but be mindful of the usual smoke and mirrors of Rotary and their sub brands as to the origin of the watch/movement etc something if you are not really interested in the watch you will very soon lose interest when you realise you can buy a Tissot or Hamilton for much the same price without being messed about.  Usually found on a massive RRP mark up on an almost endless loop of sales to try and hook people in assuming they are getting a good deal.