• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

the first cut is the deepest

I don't ask for much in life , ill never be rich, ill never win the lottery, bills keep coming, so imagine my joy when my neighbour just took in my rotary watch I ordered , a £20 beauty new strap pretty near pristine condition , I cant wait to open the package , carefully cutting just the last inch off the sealed padded envelope , to reveal ………..oh no 

the seller put the watch in corner to corner with the watch strap flat , yep you guessed it ive just cut through the last inch of the strap and the last 2 adjustment holes , I don't ask for much in life , now ive got a strap with a 45 degree slash on it , ah well new strap I suppose :angry:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 8
3 minutes ago, craig12 said:

I don't ask for much in life , ill never be rich, ill never win the lottery, bills keep coming, so imagine my joy when my neighbour just took in my rotary watch I ordered , a £20 beauty new strap pretty near pristine condition , I cant wait to open the package , carefully cutting just the last inch off the sealed padded envelope , to reveal ………..oh no 

the seller put the watch in corner to corner with the watch strap flat , yep you guessed it ive just cut through the last inch of the strap and the last 2 adjustment holes , I don't ask for much in life , now ive got a strap with a 45 degree slash on it , ah well new strap I suppose :angry:

Plenty of choice in the new TWF Strap Shop. :thumbsup:

I ordered one earlier. :thumbs_up:

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, craig12 said:

Twenty quid Rotary? You've peaked my interest, any pics?

3 minutes ago, enfuseeast said:

quick glance at my watch..... hmmm....friday the 8th....not 13th......must be "murphy's " law....toast always falls jam side down :thumbdown:

I only butter my toast, dispenses with this theory. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, craig12 said:

Couldn't help but giggle, sorry!

What size / style is it? I may have something rattling a round  that I'll send out FOC.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

I would not wear a second hand strap..... maybe join my hygiene-wary club !! LOL....

I have thrown all the straps off my second hand watches unless they were put on new by someone I trusted (in which case I take them off an store them).  The exception are stainless steel bracelets, which I wash with anti-bac soap!  And I take most of them off ...

• Like 3

I did the same thing when I got my Alpha green sub homage, out the packet straight onto the wrist and the the 710 asked me to take out the rubbish, I should have moved the car but instead tried to squeeze between brick wall and car with bin in hand and scratched the bezel on the wall! It’s sickening when you have no-one to blame but yourself for ruining something you only just got! I liken it to dropping a freshly purchased ice cream as a kid!

i feel for your loss, but as others have said Roy does a good line of Straps hope you find something that matches, picks of the new arrival would be great

Edited by no8yogi
Spelling!?