• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Willo

Newbie looking for a new watch!

Hi guys, my names Will! Always loved my watches but usually just go for whatever looks good instead of brand and build quality, until now.

Start a new job in London next month which requires me to wear a suit or smart business wear so want to get a new watch to mark the occasion. Ideally after something that looks good on both bracelet and strap, which goes well with a suit but also won't look too formal in a t-shirt and jeans! 

Really want a Seiko SARB033 but can't seem to find it at a decent price (Budget around £200-250) - are there any alternatives?
Have seen the SARY057 but think it might be slightly big on my 6.5 inch wrist.

Look forward to spending some time searching through the forum (although, don't think my wallet will).
Open to any suggestions that you think might fit my criteria! 

You can't really go wrong with 200 for a Seiko. what I would do is go shopping all the big jewellery shop stock loads of watches at that price range have a try on before you buy .

@Willo welcome to the forum. Sorry I don't have suggestions at the moment at that price point, but may have some ideas overnight. I'm sure that others will have lots of good ideas.

forgot to say welcome .If you stick to actual watch company watches youl be fine just avoid designers ones DKNY Michael Kors you know what I mean .

14 minutes ago, A2orry said:

You can't really go wrong with 200 for a Seiko. what I would do is go shopping all the big jewellery shop stock loads of watches at that price range have a try on before you buy .

Had a look in a few shops but don't really like the Seikos they have on offer in the UK - seem to like the ones that are hard to get, typical! 

8 minutes ago, Boots said:

@Willo welcome to the forum. Sorry I don't have suggestions at the moment at that price point, but may have some ideas overnight. I'm sure that others will have lots of good ideas.

Thank you mate, not to worry! 

Welcome to the forum

smaller and a lot under budget SNKL41 is similar 

I reckon you have it right anyway, buy what you like not what you think others like.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daz. said:

Welcome to the forum

smaller and a lot under budget SNKL41 is similar 

I reckon you have it right anyway, buy what you like not what you think others like.

Unsure on the white dial but I see they do a black dial version which is nice! 

The extra cash would be nice though as iv also had my eye on an SKX013 :yes:

A glass of wine has helped the thought processes. You could look at watches from Phoibos or Alpha.

I have a Phoibos and it is excellent value for money. No personal experience of Alpha, but a number of forum members have them and I haven't see any negative comments so far.

Use the forum search facility to look at what people say about these.

Hope that helps!

Welcome to the forum!  Other brands to consider would be: Rotary, Accurist, Pulsar, Citizen or Orient.  :king:

Hi, and welcome to the forum! Have a look in the Japanese forum here and also the Members Clubs section under Seiko. You might see some different models that take your fancy. :thumbsup: