• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hi all

I am a very very 'noob' to this forum. I was going to do an intro first but whilst trawling the forum I discovered a sticky about posting pictures. One of the reasons I joined is that I have kind of got 'sucked' into the area of vintage and obscure watches. Whilst at auctions buying jewellery and coins, I noticed quite a lot of watches being sold. Some of these I found interesting and have bought. Recently I added several vintage watches, a Bulova Accutron, Ladies 1974 Girard-Perregaux quartz watch. Tissot Seastar and finally an unmarked digital watch. It's this unmarked watch that I am hoping you folks on here might be able to assist me in identifying. To that end, I took some pictures and created a file on Google photos that people should be able to see using the following link,  https://photos.app.goo.gl/jgDufWMtmKMG4PYH9 I wonder if anyone reading this would like to take a look and then let me know on here if they can access the album ok and if so, do they think the pictures are any good? The only markings anywhere are on the back case. ld (in a circle) trade mark maybe? Base metal bezel. Stainless back. USA and the number 72927. Any assistance and opinions both on the watch and the pictures/means of including them, will be greatly appreciated. I have spent two days of my life looking at pictures and Googling vintage LCD watches, to no avail. Thanks to all who take the time to read this and for any help they offer. 

You might try searching Quartzmatic LED watches. This example below is very similar design to yours and it looks like there are a variety of Quartzmatics made by different companies. These were probably produced towards the end of the LED craze and about the time when LCDs took over.

40398365923_9abcb9f843_o.jpg

Thanks for that Bcasecollector. That does look like it. I'm guessing that the link to the pictures worked fine. What I can't figure out is, why there is no makers mark on it. The solidness of the case and bracelet would suggest quality as it is heavy, thick and shows very little wear on the bracelet links. If I'd made that, I would put my name on it. I'm looking forward to figuring out what batteries to put in so I can see if it works. Maybe that will give me a clue to who made it.