• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I've had to make some changes to the forum theme due to some errors on the last one that could not be fixed to work with the new software.

I have added two options and if you scroll to the bottom of the page then you can select either the standard light theme or a new dark one.

Please let me know if an colours need changing as I'm still checking through it all :thumbsup:

light.jpg

dark.jpg

• Thanks 1

I had a quick play with the darker theme, and it seems quite clear to view, but I had to revert back to the lighter one.  Just my personal preference, I'm sure some people will prefer the darker one, and  they both look fine to me.

Keep up the good work mate, it is very much appreciated :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Just logged on and thought this is different, what's happened here. :laugh: I'm liking the lighter theme, dark just a tad too dark, but nice change to the forum. :thumbsup:

I had 2 pages open one old one new! I like the new one and I don't normally like change! 

• Like 1

There’s very little difference. This one works better and the errors in the framework of the old one are gone. This one should also load quicker. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it just me :wheelchair:

Can’t find the tab to log/sign off, I’m using an iPad at present.

:thumbsup:

Top right corner, click on the three lines menu and then log out. Only working in portrait mode on tablet for some reason. I'll look into this tomorrow :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am finding the topic tags a little confusing. The ole ones showed a black circle for threads that had been viewed with a > inside to show there were new posts. Now I see black stars or red dots and have to hover over them to see if it says go to latest posts.

This is not causing me any great distress or distracting me from the excitement of parliament voting down just about every motion/amendment put to them but just wondered what each symbol means.

37 minutes ago, richy176 said:

I am finding the topic tags a little confusing. The ole ones showed a black circle for threads that had been viewed with a > inside to show there were new posts. Now I see black stars or red dots and have to hover over them to see if it says go to latest posts.

This is not causing me any great distress or distracting me from the excitement of parliament voting down just about every motion/amendment put to them but just wondered what each symbol means.

Anything in red means there are unread posts.

A star means you have posted in the thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 14/03/2019 at 10:34, Roy said:

Please let me know if an colours need changing as I'm still checking through it all :thumbsup:

White text on a dark background has long been known to be a bit harder to read on some monitors, for some people. Suggest you bump up the font size or even choose a different  standard font on the dark theme for readability. I did some dark pages back in the day (when Yahoo! was just an index, LOL)  but made the backgrounds #202020 or #404040 (RGB 32 or 64), and made the fonts slightly less than white. I usually use #FFFAF0 (255, 250, 240), I set that for my "white pages" backgrounds as well, works well even in 16-bit color displays IIRC. 

I'm happy to help test it if  needed. 

(edit) Ooooh, the feedback ribbon is semi-opaque, as is the "back to top of page" icon. Neat! ... The page did seem to load quicker, but I'll log out/in to clear cache. 

There is one thing I'd like to change. The Activity top menu. It drops down when you on mouseOver with a PC, but there is no corresponding action with a phone/tablet/touchscreen. You tap. So selecting Activity, My Activity Streams requires a sort of legerdemain of tap, slide, release to get the sub menu. I'd prefer if the menus all behaved the same i.e. required a tap/click to activate. (Note that the menus without sub-menus already require a tap/click to activate.)  I've mentioned before, I know, I'm a broken LP record skipping back on the same track :mad0218: . 

Edited by Chromejob
  • Thanks 1

I think I found one bug (theme or software, not sure; and it may not be new), when I tried to edit and save an already saved post, outside of the 15 min (?) timeout for editing, it popped up the error that I could not save the change, but the "Submit Reply" button remained on Saving.... , and hitting ESC (I'm on a PC keyboard) didn't change it. Posting the additional text in the quick reply window and submitting, corrected it and submitted the change normally (appending it to the prior post, as per forum settings). 

Severity: low (no loss of data)
Priority: low (hardly anyone will encounter it)

• Thanks 1