• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
PETER3456

[Rado] Hardly ever see these on here, what are the community's opinions on Rado watches?

1 hour ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Rado Autos are great watches if you get the usual 25% off... some striking and well finished pieces.

For me the brand is under achieving in that they are surely the brand that should have launched more classically styled yet contemporary dialled sports watches over the years. Given the marketing in the sports world etc etc.

Apart from their over marketing to jaunty Italian types I would suggest they are a decent brand indeed... :thumbsup:

Agree totally. Regarding the 25% off, thmaxx as I mentioned are more like 60-70% off assuming the mrrp  quoted is realistic. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Turpinr said:

I love the watch but the strap would have to go

I have dozens of straps but this Rado has 21mm lugs making it a pain to find good straps. Also I like straps that taper down to  18mm or to 16mm so 22mm straps are pretty much out of the question. The two lizard straps I have are 20mm but actually almost 21mm at the lugs and taper to 18mm so I'm using those for now. I did use the watch for a few weeks with Hirsch Mariner golden brown strap, but couldn't stretch the 20mm strap width from the lugs enough so there was a visible gap and had to drop that idea.

The watch came with dark brown fake alligator strap 21mm that tapered to 20mm, it made the watch look and feel really big and uncomfortable.

I've always had a soft spot for these - the dial would draw me in. I've read that they can/ might suffer with water ingress which has put me off, that and the grand to buy it :) Funny on the Rado website it's price is £2315 but cheapest I've seen new from UK seller new is just over £1k.

r32254202_s.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Willo said:

Really like the limited edition Captain Cook myself

Which is the LE? I was looking at these last week again, specifically the green dial / bezel model at 42mm. 

But I can't recall seeing an LE.